Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekend Update

So I had been invited to go with some girlfriends boating on Saturday! I knew with Steve out of town it was going to be hard to find someone to watch them all day for me. My parents had plans so Holly volunteered! Mary and P play so good together and Holly was willing to take on the challenge of Piper, so Saturday morning I got us all up and ready, packed the car and headed to Ankeny to drop them off. It's amazing what I had to pack for 10 hours of being gone. The pack-n-play so Piper could nap, the carseat, stroller, plus all the other crap like diapers and such! Piper is at th stage where she cries no matter who I leave her with so I warned Jerry when I handed her over to him......she didn't cry!

So I headed to Lake Panorama! The weather actually turned out pretty good despite the rain prediction. They had rented a pontoon boat and the driver just took us around the lake while we talked and drank and had a good time! Then we met up with another guy they had met who owned this awesome house on the lake and he took us all out on his nice boat! It was a lot of fun! It was nice to get away with a bunch of girls doing something other than a girls dinner. I left about 4 and picked up the girls about 5 and we headed home! They said the girls were great! Piper napped good and didn't cry at all until I showed up to pick them up.....figures!

Presley and I cuddled up in our bed about 8:30 to watch a movie and both crashed! Piper was up over and over again, so I thought for sure she would sleep late (please sleep late!) NOPE. 7:30...ugh. P slept until a little after 9 and then we headed out about 10:30 to have fathers day brunch at Mullets. We got a table on the patio, the weather was perfect. Piper was entertaining for everyone. We went home, Piper napped, Presley and I hung out and painted her toe nails, rode bikes up and down the block and did some cleaning before Steve got home! Steve got home a little after 5:30 and Piper was SOOOO excited to see him! At that age you wouldn't think she would really react to him being gone...but man, she was laughing, smiling, would stop hugging him....it was SO cute!

Today Presley started swim lessons. Our neighbor gave me the # of a lady who does private lessons and is very good with kids. This is what we needed for Presley! The main problem, the lessons are in the morning (hello! working parents here!). So this Monday and next Monday I'm working my late nights so I can take her, then my mom agreed to take her T/W/Th for me! Thank you mom! She woke up this morning and started crying b/c she didn't want to go to swim lessons. We didn't even have her swimsuit on yet! She said she was scared of all the people that would be there. I told her there are only 3 other kids in the class so there wouldn't hardly be anyone there. I told her we would just go check it out and see if she felt comfortable. We got there early and I sat on the edge of the pool with her talking, the water was warm, the teacher has a bunch of toys that we played with....she was very hesitant, but she got in the pool and did it! She only had one break down when they were supposed to blow bubbles and she said she couldn't.....well she can, I just don't think she liked the water splashing in her face. So hopefully tomorrow will be good for mom and we can get thru these two weeks with a 5 yr old who is more comfortable in the water!

I was going to add pictures but I'm working (shhhhhh) so I don't have that capability right now! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment