Friday, June 13, 2014

Daddy is away!

So Steve went with his brothers, dad, uncles and a couple nephews on an all boys fishing trip for 4 days this weekend. He left Thursday morning and we started our girls weekend! This is the first time he has been away for this long (which is lucky for us) so I'm just crossing my fingers that they are good for me and I can handle them! HA!
 
Thursday The Nadas were playing at Camp Dodge, about 2 miles from our house. I wanted to go, we went last year, it's super casual, bring chairs, blankets, snacks, drinks....so I packed us some stuff and headed up there about 6:30. Occupying Piper for more than 5 minutes is hard to do, so we did very little sitting. P and I basically followed her around. She ran everywhere, wanted to play catch with the big kids and tried to get on stage a couple times. Even the man sitting behind us commented that 'she likes to RUN everywhere!' Yeah, there is NO walking. They were overall good, I really couldn't have expected or asked for anything more from them. We left about 8 and I still got both girls asleep by 9.
 
Today was donuts with dad at preschool....since Steve is gone Grandpa was going to go in his place. He took her to preschool and then I got the phone call.....she was crying. He thinks she was overwhelmed with all the people there and wanted her 'mommy and daddy'. I think she really just wanted to go to Grandmas for the day! Soooo being the awesome Grandpa he is, they stopped at Casey's and got donuts! And Grandma being awesome, watched both girls today! Thank you guys!
I took a half day of PTO today, I got a pedicure and then ran some errands by myself. Tonight we just hung out, played outside, P played with the neighbors while I put Piper to bed....so I would say it was overall another successful night!
 
My little ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment