Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Frozen

Ironic title for a post when it is 90 degrees out!

So Monday I got an email from our neighbor that her 4 yr old daugher was having a friend birthday party that afternoon at 4 (yes, 4 pm on a Monday afternoon) and she wanted Presley to come. Talea loves Presley and Piper and Presley has become SO comfortable with their family since we moved in! (considering last summer she wouldn't go in their yard!)
The party was Frozen themed and they had an Elsa princess, coming as a surprise for the girls! Steve got P to the party, she was willing to stay without him there and she participated and didn't want to leave when it was over!

I got home and she ran out and said "Mommy! I got to meet a real live Elsa princess who lives in Urbandale!" She went on to tell me that Elsa is friends with all the other princesses too and how when she turns 6 she wants a Frozen birthday so Elsa will come! (no pressure!) She said she doesn't want a Hello Kitty birthday b/c Hello Kitty doesn't come to birthday parties! HA!

Tuesday we had bad storms overnight so my mom was without power that morning, so she was nice enough to just come out to our house. I quickly 'picked up' the house, so she couldn't see how messy we normally are and let the girls sleep in! She had to wake both of them up at 7:45, to get them up and ready for swim lessons at 9. Presley did good for her, did everything she was asked but blow bubbles! She'll put her face in the water but she won't blow bubbles (I think she is afraid to get water in her nose or mouth!) Piper was a maniac as normal.
Mom was nice enough to take P to preschool after lessons, do our dishes for us and clean the stove! LOL.

Today she did about the same at swim lessons, which I'm happy with. I'm happy that she got in the water and that she is actually participating, really that is more than I expected! HA! We just hung inside tonight, it's hot out but my problem is the freakin cicadas around! OMG! They are so loud and they are just flying everywhere! It makes me NOT want to be outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment