Sunday, October 9, 2011

Word of the weekend...Productive!

It was one of those weekends that we had SO much to get done that I made a list of everything b/c I couldn't stop thinking about it and didn't want to forget anything.
Friday night I started witha bottle of wine and some paint. Since Steve put new windows in the bedroom last weekend we had been living with sheets over our windows b/c we needed to repaint the trim. That was my exciting Friday night and I was sleeping on the couch by 9:30 pm! Wow, I'm awesome!
We FINALLY got Presley's bedroom furniture! So we had some nail holes to fill and painting to touch, the crib came down (tear!), the new bed put up and clothes transferred from one dresser to the next. We got it pretty much cleaned and put together, but we don't have anything up on the walls yet....they are plain baby pink, screaming for an update!


She was very excited (mostly about the lamp that she can turn off and on) and did very good during both naps and going to sleep last night. Of course, she doesn't actually sleep during her naps but hey, she didn't get out of bed so I'm calling that a success! Tonight however, she has decided that she doesn't want to go to bed....guess she can scream herself to sleep like she did 2 years ago.


Of course, not everything this weekend has been that smooth and great. Saturday night we had some family issues which resulted in Steve going to Earlham at 10 pm and not getting home until 2 am Sunday morning. We had planned on going to the Winterset Covered Bridge days today, but after little sleep and still plenty to get done around the house we decided to hang out at home once again. The only time Presley got into a car this weekend was our quick 20 minutes trip to the Halloween store to get some ideas for her costume! (which is nice b/c all she does is fight when she has to get in her car seat....at what age can we ditch the car seat b/c I'm tired of fighting! :) j/k!)

Many things got crossed off my list, but unfortunately there are still too many things on it.

Seven loads of laundry, interior and exterior window trim painted, blinds up, P's room is functional, Steve got a haircut (yes, it was on my list!), trip to Wal-mart, trip to Dahls, cars cleaned and 3 hours spent entering family tree information into Ancestry.com (not on my list!)! I feel a sense of accomplishment!



I'm dreading going to work this week. They have changed our workflow and the control that I have over my day and my production. I don't like it, I have no problems getting my work done in my 8 hours and I feel like I'm being punished b/c there are people that can't do the same. I don't normally dread going to work but I am this week and I don't really like this feeling. I need to suck it up and stop complaining.


Let me toot my own horn real quick....about a month ago they pulled the year to date numbers for initial decisions and for final loan fundings, yours truly was #1 on both of those lists (over 60 underwriters). Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment