Friday, October 21, 2011

Random randomness

- I obviously need to catch up on the news....Occupy Wall Street/Occupy Iowa....what the heck is this about? I know the news showed people holding signs that said that big banks were bad....ok, but a big bank gives me a paycheck every week?! So I need someone to explain in simple terms what these people want
- I saw a commercial for ITT educational institute that rubbed me the wrong way...it was about a man who did construction and was always away from him family working, not making very much money so he decided to go back to school to get a degree...now he is providing for his family and never missing family obligations. Here is my problem. Steve does construction, he is always around, he is around and has more flexible hours than I do. He doesn't miss anything due to his line of business. We have been very lucky with his employer (knock on wood!!!!) and he makes more money than people we know who have college educations, so this commercial does not portray our experience with construction and I don't like it.
- Potty training is still going pretty good, still no pooping in the potty and we've had a couple accidents this week....very not like Presley, but overall we are all adjusting and she is excited about her new princess underwear (even though she can't name a single Disney princess!) and they don't make Toy Story underwear for girls!
- The Green Bay Packers are awesome!
- I don't mind the speed cameras on I235 but that is b/c I only drive to work on it twice a week and it's usually so busy that I'm not going over 50 miles an hour anyway. And I think it's an easy way for the city to make money from the people who are breaking the law! LOL!
- I'm loving the new shows Revenge and Person of Interest! LOVING!
- We are trying to prepare Presley for Halloween, getting her excited for her costume, telling her what she should say if she wants candy....Trick or Treat, smell my feet!...... And she'll say 'smell my feet!' or 'candy please!'.....talk about two different ends of the spectrum! HA!
- The big girl bed is working out nicely, (knock on wood) she hasn't got out of her bed yet! She wants us to lay with her for a while and read a book or two...and she cries if we leave but she has yet to get out of bed, even in the morning she doesn't get up! She'll sit and read and talk to herself until we go and get her!

No comments:

Post a Comment