Sunday, October 9, 2011

Somersaults down stairs is dangerous!

Six o'clock Wednesday morning, on my way to the shower, I heard my phone ringing. Really, there was only one option on who it was, my mom. She was probably sick and wouldn't be able to watch P that day. That actually would've been a better scenerio than what actually happened. My mother fell down the stairs Tuesday night and could hardly move. Cuts and scrapes, swollen knee, bruised ribs....welcome, pain killers! No lifting for at least 2 weeks! She excited b/c that means no laundry! This also means no Ga (or grandma as most kids would say) for daycare either. Samantha and I shared our kids on Wednesday, so we eached missed a couple hours of work and we are lucky enough to have April who is able to watch P for many of the days that we need!
As you know, we just finished our basement. We didn't carpet the stairs (mainly the cost and b/c Steve comes home from work so dirty sometimes that he travels straight to the basement to undress)....P has never been around stairs (thank you ranch style house) so now I'm all freaked out that she'll fall down! You forget how dangerous they can be! My mom is slowly feeling better and I think we'll all be more aware when it comes to safety on the steps! Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment