Sunday, June 26, 2011

VBS and music on the river!

So Tuesday and Thursday P goes to April's house for daycare. Well last week April's girls had vacation bible school (VBS.....yes, I googled this to find out what it meant the first time I heard it) and she took Presley along with them! I'm always nervous about how P will behave for her, in a place she doesn't know, with people she doesn't know. April had Presley join the group of kids her age and she did good! She cried right at the beginning but otherwise did good! She even liked the 'kid helper' in her group so much she went back and gave her a hug before they left! Whose child is this?

Lucky me, I had Friday off and got to spend some more time with P. Of course, I was up at 6 am when Steve's alarm when off. I almost got back to sleep about 7:30...when Presley decided she was going to wake up! I'm getting old! I've never had a problem sleeping in! I don't know if I have more stuff to think about or more stuff to worry about getting done, but I want to sleep in!!!
Friday night we had family night. We went out to dinner and then went to Simon Estes to watch The Nada's play along the river. It was the perfect night! The weather was great, Presley was good, lots of people and the best music!
(Ignore her hand on the beer can, I swear she wasn't drinking it! No one needs to call child services on us! LOL!)



The rest of the weekend we hung out, ran some errands and got some stuff done around the house. Presley slept until 9:30 both mornings! Unreal! (Of course, Sunday morning I was up at 7:30 for no reason at all!)

Steve hasn't been feeling good this weekend so P and I hung out quite a bit. She pushes my buttons. I'm sure it is a mix of my lack of patience and her being 2 years old. Everything is an argument, I feel like I have to make a deal for everything we do in order to get her to do anything. It's tiring. Another good confirmation for me that I'm not made to be a stay at home mom.


We have a busy week ahead of us! Both of us are super busy at work, I have 2 going away parties (bye Andrea and bye Kathy! I will miss you and wish you the best of luck). Plus, getting ready for Urbandale fourth of July next weekend! My favorite time of year to live in Urbandale!

No comments:

Post a Comment