Thursday, June 9, 2011

Stuff

I was in a meeting at work and was doodling on my paper....and I thought about when I was growing up and my mom would be talking to one of her siblings or friends on the phone and she always had a piece of paper and pen in front of her. By the end of the conversation you could read the words, names or phrases on that paper and put together the full conversation that had happened. I wonder if my mom still does that? I never have conversations with friends on the phone like my mom did back then. We have email and text messaging now, actual conversations are few and far between....kinda sad, isn't it?

I remember growing up and reading with my mom. Laying on the bed, she would read the left-hand side of the page and I would read the right. The book I remember is Little House on the Prairie but I know there were many others. I hope Presley will read with me in the coming years, I'm not sure she is a Little House on the Prairie type of girl but I can compromise. Right now she loves the Dumbo book my Aunt Ann gave her, though she would rather 'read' it to me than to wait for me to read the actual words.

Presley loves counting to 10. However, it goes like this.... 1, 2, 3, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. She doesn't seem to like number 4.

She also seems to have a new found love of cars. As a girl you don't get cars from Santa or for your birthday, we don't purposely keep these 'boy' toys away from her. We have some 'boy' toys around the house, (the Little People parking garage, a toy tool box, Legos) but no cars. So we bought her some cars, she makes the car sounds and lines them up in a row. No racing, no crashing....like a boy would do.

I think I've mentioned in previous years that I don't like basketball. I still don't.

I hate having a free weekend and now trying to figure out when we are BOTH going to go into work. Blah. At least I'm paid by the hour, might have to treat myself to a shopping spree soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment