Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend fun!

Normally Saturdays Presley will sleep in and then she won't take a nap...which is fine b/c a lot of times we are busy so it's nice NOT to have to worry about her taking a nap...and if she doesn't take a nap she is normally in a pretty good mood anyway.
So we got home from the mall about 2:30, which is normally too late to try to put her down for a nap. We decided to pop in Monsters, Inc in hopes she would sit still for 90 minutes in place of her nap time.
About 4:30, after the movie was over she was purposely causing trouble. Throwing toys and hitting (which have become two new things for us!), I told her she was being naughty and asked if she wanted to lay in her crib for a while and she said yes! So her and 3 of her baby dolls laid down for a semi-time-out....and she fell asleep!
This is how we found her when we woke her up at 5! All the babies lined up in a row! So cute!
I went out for girls night! It had been a long time, there were 8 of us with 3 newbies! As always a lot of margaritas, cheese dip and laughs were had!

Today Steve went to Lazerfest with a friend and Presley and I had girls day! We hung out and played most of the morning. I laid her down for a nap (with her babies again) but I'm pretty sure she just sat in there and talked for 2 hours. So I decided we'd get out and go to the mall and try to spend some money.
We had some hitting, kicking, throwing things incidents...and I tried official time-outs on a dining room chair. The girl mocks me! She slides down off the chair and the minute I turn around to put her back up there...she races to get back on it and laughs! At one point tonight she threw the remote off the couch...knowing she isn't supposed to throw it and she looked at me said 'naughty?' and then pointed to the chair! Obviously we have some more work to do with this fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment