Wednesday, May 25, 2011

There is no good time.

My grandma isn't going very good. Two weeks ago they said, maybe weeks or months. Yesterday, they said she might not make it thru the night. It is terrible the amount of times you say or hear someone say 'This is not a good time!'. Is there a good time? We are talking about the end of someone's life! It's time to NOT think about ourselves and what is convenient for us! Both of our jobs are so busy right now and so far they have been very understanding in knowing we'll be taking off for Texas soon. My co-workers and friends have kept us in their thoughts and prayers and it's great to have that support.
I know my grandma has been in pain and probably doesn't REALLY know what is going on. She will be going to a better place though and that helps comfort me. A place where there is no pain or suffering. A place where she can crack open her Miller Lite before 11 am and no one will judge her! :)

We are all worried about my grandpa....I don't know really if he understands what exactly is going on or what the outcome will be. He will have a lot of family and support around him though. My mom is holding up fairly well, or maybe she hides her pain and worry from us kids. I think once she gets to Texas and is around her brothers and sisters that might change.
We are hanging in there and waiting for that sobering phone call. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment