Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Random randomness

- I'm reading Two Kisses for Maddy, a story about a man who lost his wife 27 hours after giving birth to their baby girl. Of course, it is a sad book. It makes me cry. I often read some of the passages to Steve, who says it is too sad and I shouldn't be reading stuff like that. But the humor included in the story is awesome too, but it makes me wonder why I want to read about sad stories like this. I think it makes me more grateful for what I have and I think we can all use a little of that every now and then.

- I think I mentioned our neighbors bought a nice playset for their backyard. We scored on this deal. They aren't home that much, so guess who takes advantage of the slide and swing? This family!

- Presley is stubborn. She wants to be outside as often as possible, but she will fight to put her shoes on! She is already losing on precious outdoor fun b/c she is unwilling to cooperate when it comes to wearing pants and shoes when going outside! Guess she'll learn!

- Our friends are getting married in the Dominican Republic next February, Steve will be going for sure b/c it is one of his best friends. I really want to go b/c I would hate to miss out on this opportunity to travel to a sunny beach in February and I love Nick and Sarah and we've been waiting for this deal for years! :) However.....I've already asked my mom to watch P. She will, but I'm not sure if she wants to. I haven't totally disregarded the idea of taking P with us. Am I totally crazy?

- Presley is a pig when it comes to food. I wish she would eat more of a variety of food, but I really can't complain. I'm not sure she ever gets full. She will devour fruit in seconds...literally seconds. I'm not sure she chews her food sometimes.
But of course, if we buy her a $5 meal at a restaurant she wants nothing to do with it (unless it's TGIFridays where she gets a huge bowl of mandarin oranges and she'll eat every last one of them).

- For the last two months we haven't been allowed a minute of overtime at work (after almost 2 years of having mandatory OT), now we get word that they are wanting us to work overtime in the next couple weeks with possible mandatory weekends. YOU ARE KIDDING ME? Right when the weather starts to get nice and every weekend is already busy, figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment