Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Getting old and falling apart.

So there are some health issues running around the Goodrich household....and not with Presley.
Let's see.....where should I start???
Five years ago Steve and I made a deal, he would go to the dentist and I would go to the dermatologist to have my moles checked......how did that end up you ask? Well, Steve had a root canal and I had to go back to have abnormal cells removed and stitches in my leg. Good idea, gone bad.

Fast forward to this year.....I had my regular annual exam, and the doctor found a lovely lump on my left breast. Fun for me, on to have a mammogram. That wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be and it came back fine and dandy. My boobs are healthy, at least for another year.
Then I went to the dermatologist and like normal had 2 moles removed! (that would make 8 total moles removed in the last 5 years), just got the call today that the one on my back came back abnormal! Geez! This body has not seen the sun in years, what else do I have to do?? So I get to go back and have more cells removed and more stitches put in. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, Steve, Steve.....that dentist appointment 5 years ago had been haunting us. We knew there was more work to be done in that mouth. We didn't realize it was as bad as it was. So yesterday he had the first of 5 appointments. 3 hours later, the poor guy had a bloody mouth and a prescription for Vicatin. Only eating soft foods and no carbonated drinks is hard for him, but together we are managing to get thru our ailments.

In addition to us, my sister Holly has had severe neck pain for weeks! The regular doctor gave her muscle relaxers and a pain killer, that didn't work. She went to the chiropractor, that didn't work. She finally had a MRI done...which led to the herniated disk and she had to see the neurosurgeon. That genius told her she had a weak neck. That women have weaker necks then men and she should try physical therapy to make her neck muscles stronger! Brilliant!...but maybe it will work?!

Wish us all luck to a healthier 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment