Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tis the season...

to be thankful!
Seems the new trend on Facebook is to post something you are thankful for every day until Thanksgiving. So I'm going to condense it all into one blog to make it easy. 11 days until Thanksgiving, so here are 12 things I am thankful for....in no particular order! :)
  1. My Husband- You are my rock. You keep me from going crazy and drive me crazy all at the same time. In the last 9 months I have learned that you have much more patience that I do and that you are a wonderful father. You make me laugh, and I am lucky to have you.
  2. Presley Grace - Even though I have complained about you more than once, we are thankful that we have such a beautiful, happy, healthy baby. You amaze us! You are more work than we ever expected, but seeing that smile every day makes it worth it!
  3. My parents - I am thankful that we are lucky enough to have you so close to us. You are great role models, in both marriage and parenting. You have always been there for us! I am thankful that Presley will get to grow up close to her grandparents!
  4. Family - I am thankful that both our families are so close. That if we ever need anything we know we can count on them. I am thankful that we are lucky enough to plan reunions and vacations so that we are able to spend time with each other. We are also thankful that both of our families conveniently celebrate the holidays at different times, that way we don't have to pick and choose who we are going to spend time with!
  5. My sisters and girlfriends- You all rock! I am so lucky to have wonderful sisters and awesome girlfriends! You all have been more than willing to babysit Presley (some of you may regret offering after the time you have spent with her! :). I am thankful that we started Girls Night Out about 3 years ago and that we can still get 15 girls out for dinner, drinks and talking. You guys make me laugh, you relax me, you make me happy. Whether I have known you for 10 years or 10 months, I am thankful to have you in my life!
  6. Our jobs- I am thankful that we have both been lucky enough to maintain our jobs thru all the layoffs going on.
  7. Health insurance- I am thankful we didn't have to pay the full medical bill after having Presley. Other people aren't so lucky. Either way the epideral is worth it, insurance or not! :)
  8. Daycare- We are thankful that we have the best babysitter/daycare provider in the world. Who doesn't charge us full price even though she probably should, given the difficult child we have. We are thankful that we didn't have to place her in a daycare center, the level of care might be the same but the level of love can't compare to what we have. Thank you!!!
  9. People who inspire me - as I mentioned in my previous post, there are a lot blogs from people that inspire me. They make me want to be a better, nicer person. Most of these people I don't know, but I am thankful for the people I actually know who inspire me. Susie - You are the most determined person I know. Holly - You shaved your head, need I say more. Colleen- I wish I had your drive and energy. Jay - You and your wife deserve the best. I could go on and on with details about these 4 people and others but there just isn't time right now. I am thankful enough to have ALL of you to look up to.
  10. The ability - the ability to do what we want. the ability to have things we want or need. the ability to have cars, cell phones, internet, cable, a house. the ability to perform our every day activities with no problems or challenges. Everyone takes these things for granted, but I am thankful we have the ability to live our lives the way we do.
  11. Technology - I am thankful for the technology that allows me to take pictures and videos of my baby. To be able to post them on this blog so my family out of state can watch her grow. To have Facebook and reconnect with people that I haven't talked to in years. It is great to catch up and be nosy! :)

There is a brief summary of what I am thankful for during this Thanksgiving season. There are so many other things I could list out! Basically, we have a pretty good life. I need to stop my complaining and realize that we have things pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment