Friday, November 20, 2009

Exercise?

So I never used to run until about 5 years ago. I started running with my friend Cindy, she kept me going. Not very often I ran very far without her, she was a machine and that helped motivate me, though I still can't run as far as she can. I actually liked running! I ran two 5K's at the Dam to Dam, I felt good about myself. Even when I started out and I could only run 1/2 mile then 1 mile, I felt a sense of accomplishment because I never thought I would be able to run.
I always thought it was ridiculous when people said the first mile is the hardest, but they are right. I don't know if you just get used to breathing right or going thru the motions of running....or if you just go numb!
Well I haven't been running or really any continuance exercise for a little over a year, I hate it. I weigh more now than I ever have (not pregnant), which is now about 10 pounds heavier than before I was pregnant. I watch the Biggest Loser, usually on my couch eating something I'm not supposed to.
I realize when parents say they don't have the time, they really don't. Sure I could work out after work, I could join a gym. I drive by Aspen every day.....hell, I have a treadmill in my basement! But I literally only see Presley for 2 hours a night. That is not enough time. I could workout after she goes to bed or get up in the morning before work but let's be realistic that ain't happenin'. I don't get up early by choice and after I get comfy at home in my sweats, yeah I don't move from the couch.
So I've decided to take time and walk over my lunch hour in the skywalk. It's actually kind of nice to get away from my desk with some time to think by myself. So my goal is to walk 20-30 minutes at least 3 times a week. I know it isn't a lot, but it's better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment