Sunday, July 26, 2020

Recap/Appliances

So I realized I never really mentioned that I bought a townhouse. Well I did! I never really planned on buying anything until this fall once summer daycare was over with and paid for...but since working at home and not having any daycare bills...and rates being so low and my rent going up WAY too much since I didn't want to sign another lease...it was time for me to look. Plus the girls and I were suffocating in that 2 bedroom apartment with all the time we were spending together inside (I blame the Rona). While we did try to get outside, they wouldn't go without me and with me working...it just didn't work.

I looked at a couple places. Some cost too much, one was brand new but small bedrooms and NO yard for the kids. It was nice but just not right for me. My realtor who is a long time friend of mine and has helped us and included us in so many things over the years sent me this place before it had pictures online and said I needed to look at it. So I did. It just felt right. It was dated, don't get me wrong but I'm not really that fancy to where granite countertops and backsplashes are something that I really care about. I even had Steve look at it with me...he knows construction and his kids are living here so I wanted him to have at least an idea of what I was thinking. He did confirm that it did feel good for me.
It was a good size, mostly newly painted, high ceilings, a small yard, not a busy street and the most important.....good size closets! :) My bedroom has 3 closets. No joke. It's amazing.

I have posted all the things that I had one and really besides the oak trim not much more needs to be fixed or updated on this place. The HVAC and hot water heater are original...that means 22 years old! That is old! All work good with no problems and I have a 1 year warranty on the place. I am fully aware I will need to replace these things....and honestly, none of them are energy efficient either, so as much as the $$ will suck, it will be worth it in the end....if I can make it another year or 2 without having to worry about it. I will be happy.

However, I knew the stove would have to be replaced. They had replaced all the other kitchen appliances except the stove?! I was going to wait but the first night in the house we made dinner and the stove started smoking. It would totally be like me to set off smoke alarms the first night cooking in this place! HA!

Then I began to realize the washer didn't really spin out the water in the clothes like I was used to. The dryer worked great but if I was going to replace the 13 year old washer....I was gonna replace the original 22 year old dryer! Yes, it was original!!!! and the door on the dryer opened backwards. So annoying!
The countertops and oak will have to wait for their turn over the next couple years! :) Maybe they'll come back into style then! 
 
Now our clothes might actually SMELL clean!  
I think I'm done spending money at least in this capacity! :) Vacation is coming up and then Christmas will be here before you know it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment