Friday, July 24, 2020

Presley's room

So we didn't have to paint Presley's room...it was a nice gray.  We had bought some cute gray and aqua better however, she didn't have a bed. (no bed, mattress, dresser.....basically nothing when we moved in). By the time we fully moved in, we had a mattress for her room so she was able to sleep in her room. About a week later we got the actual bed and headboard. But that meant I had to be handy and put it together. My dad helped me pick it up from Homemakers and was MORE than willing to help me put it together but I wanted to at least try. I don't like asking for help if you haven't realized that yet.
So I spent some time putting together stuff. Oh yeah, with an allen wrench and a million screws later, we had a headboard....
the next night we had a bed. I had to carry it upstairs, basically piece by piece. There was swearing, there were power tools, there were a lot of listening to podcasts (My Favorite Murder) while this was going on.
But now we have a bed with bookcase headboard....put together by MOI! We ended up finding some curtains that matched perfectly and are now working on some pictures to hang. Unlike Piper she has unpacked her room and is organized. She spends a lot of time in here, as a typical pre-teen does.
We do have a desk that we are painting to hopefully put in her room also. My dad found it on the side of the road, which is SO typically something my dad would do. It weighs about 200 lbs so we'll have to figure out how to get that upstairs once it is repainted. Perfect place to do her schooling when she has her online days (don't even get me started on that topic).

No comments:

Post a Comment