Friday, July 24, 2020

Master bathroom

So b/c this townhouse is older, it is all oak trim. I decided I would start on the master bathroom as my first project in painting the trim. Once I started on the trim, I couldn't help but move onto the wall paint. It was ALL banged up and chipped. The outlets and light switch covers looked crappy. Fucking the floor vent register was gross. So I bought all new stuff.
Trim all white, walls a now a nice gray. Registered replaced, new light switch cover and outlet cover. New towels bars and toilet paper roll....I did it all MYSELF people!! Screwdrivers and spackle and drills....I did it!

The only thing I couldn't do myself...the light fixture above the sink. I had to paint the wall, the light fixture was probably original gold. It had to go. Thankfully Steve is handy, had some time and doesn't hate me. So he installed it for me.
Even after ALL this...I still have both the closet door and bathroom door trim to paint, new hinges to put on and new door knobs to install (both hinges and knobs are gold) and then the FINAL project which is down the road, is the cabinet and drawers to paint. It will totally be worth it in the end, just a lot more work and money than anticipated!

No comments:

Post a Comment