Thursday, August 13, 2020

Family Reunion

So everyone that knows me should know that my mom's side of the family does a family reunion every other year. This was our year to go to Colorado. Well the fucking Rona ruins everything. We had planned this a year ago and with everything going on we had to cancel. With family from 6 different states (Oregon, Colorado, Texas, Iowa, Wisconsin and now South Carolina) and 35-40 of us we just didn't think it was a good idea and didn't know if the resort would like our large gathering every day and night for a week.

I decided I was going to take the girls somewhere anyway, whether it be Okoboji, Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells...then I thought we should just drive to Texas and see the ocean, visit my aunts and just do it!! Well my family had the same idea. We all booked a beach house and moved our mini 'reunion'. Then Texas positive numbers decided to increase....we tried to get our money back, that didn't work and the whole trip was up in the air until about 2 weeks before we left. Most of us decided to go anyways. Holly and family stayed back for a couple different reasons and my mom didn't go either. I think she really didn't go b/c she didn't want me driving 15 hours by myself and this was my dad could drive with me and the girls. Oh what mothers do for their daughters...even if they are 41 years old! :)  I was glad dad came with us, the girls haven't had to drive longer than 6 hours in a car and this was going to be a challenge. I knew with him in the vehicle they would behave better! They really did pretty good!

We left at 6 am Saturday morning bright and early at the girls request! and headed on our way!! We had a great trip, hardly any traffic or construction, we made great time and stopped at 3:30 after 9 hours in Ardmore, Oklahoma. We knew we couldn't check in to the house until 4 pm the next day so we had time, so we thought.


We stopped and let the girls swim some and then had a nice dinner at Two Frogs, which was really good!

The girls actually ate their dinners and we (I) went to bed early! 
We headed out at 8 am the next morning and got some Starbucks. These girls have been BEGGING for the mango dragonfruit drink there, probably b/c they think it is cool to get?! I'm still trying to teach them that NO ONE cares if they drink Starbucks or not.
We had another good easy drive until we took the wrong interstate south out of Dallas and went an hour out of our way......so basically we drove 2 extra hours on Sunday. The girls were NOT impressed and actually only watched 4 movies between both days, so I was happy with that!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment