Monday, January 14, 2019

Weekend in Review

Friday was the perfect night to just stay home and do nothing! Steve was playing poker and I made my self comfortable doing my puzzle with a glass of wine and the girls played and played. I love when they can just get along and play!!
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people standing and indoor

Saturday morning we woke up to white blanket of snow. Finally! I hate snow but getting it on the weekend when I don't have to drive anywhere is what I prefer! The girls loved it, they weren't out there as long as I thought they would be but I was glad we got to use the sleds that we bought 2 yrs ago and haven't really used!
Steve ended up taking Piper to Hobby Lobby and the store with him and Presley and I tackled her room. She is getting a complete room make over for her 10th birthday so it was time to clean, purge, throw things away, organize....ahhhh it felt SO good to get that done and we are hoping to get her room completely done this coming weekend. She knows it is going to be blue and beach themed, but other than that, it is going to be a surprise for her!

When they got home, Steve went to the basement to watch the Iowa basketball game with neighbor Jason, the girls went and played and I again, sat and watched some Netflix.
That night Presley and I went to El Mariachi for dinner and then the 3 of us girls cuddled up and watch Boss Baby (and like normal I fell asleep during it)

So we are redoing Presley's room but have been talking about getting Piper a smaller bed. Hers is just too big for her room and the mattress is old and gross and she had very little storage for books or toys. Steve found a good deal on a swap site and went to get it Sunday morning. She was SO excited and of course, Presley said 'it's not fair!'....yes, I did say we are COMPLETELY redoing her room but that doesn't make a difference when your sister gets something. *insert eye roll*
So we were able to completely clean and organize Piper's room too!

Old bed
 New bed, so much more room and storage!
And she always sleeps on the floor, so guess where she slept on the first night? On her nap mat under her bed. Of course.
After getting her bed together and cleaning her room and the rest of the house, we headed to my parents for Jordan's 2nd birthday party. It was short and sweet with just our side of the party, Samantha made an awesome cake. She is so creative when it comes to cakes or cookies for her boys' birthdays!
No photo description available.
After that party, we headed home and I went to Sarah's for a botox party. And I was the only one there that didn't get botox! Ha! I just don't care enough and don't always love the way it looks when your forehead doesn't move at all! HAHA! It was a good time anyways and I met some other really cool girls while there!
Today was just another day of me getting up late, waking up the rest of them late, getting to work late and then sitting there for 5 hours before having any work to do. Can you tell I'm annoyed with this typical work day?
We are starting off the week with me not liking work, Steve not feeling good, Piper has a bad cough and says her throat hurts and Presley ankle has been bothering her....but if this is as bad as it gets for us, then I'll take it! Perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment