Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Cold week

I do not like the cold. I  do not like winter. It makes me want to stay inside all the time and go to bed early all the time! ANYWHO...…

Last Monday I was able to meet Lyndsi for a drink while the girls were in gymnastics and get her caught up on some family drama. Oh the drama! And I got to see baby Kade, oh my, that kid has the best smile! Makes me miss the baby stage.....a little.

Tuesday Sarah, Holly and I got together for dinner at Iowa Taproom before we bottled our wine that we had made in August. We did that, headed to Carl's Place down the street for a beer where we ran into our cousin Steph. We chatted for a bit and then headed closer to home. Sarah and I stopped at Lynn's for a drink and then ended up staying for 3 hours. We ran into some guys that I knew and Sarah was SO funny and we just had a really good time!

Then Thursday we had conferences! We had Piper's first....Mrs. D had nothing but good things to say about Piper. It was SO nice to hear. She said she is the ideal student, she has a good heart and is kind to those who need a little extra help and is SO smart. She is reading at level F which is a first grade level. She is not trying to push her too hard too fast b/c she really wants her to 'get it' and fully understand and be able to spell words, along with reading them. She said she rarely gives out M's (meeting grade level expectations) at this point in the year and Piper's was almost all M's :) She does a great job in all aspects so we are very happy!

Next we had Presley's. Hers was good also! I was a little worried about her progress report with her math but the teacher didn't seem to worried. So we are just going to work a little more at home with basic math so she can be more confident. Other than that, she is doing exactly what she is supposed to be able to do at this point. Mrs. Kannappl said that Presley and Addie are 'two peas in a pod', which is totally true. However, Addie is a little more outgoing and willing to participate, not surprising at all! Both girls spend a lot of time after school in her classroom helping out with different things which I love!

Friday night we did a lot nothing. I'm telling you, these dark, cold nights, I just want to get into bed, read my book and fall asleep!

Saturday we didn't do much either! I did hit an awesome weight loss of 12.4 lbs (of course the rest of the weekend always makes me gain a little weight, oops!), so that felt awesome! Grocery store, laundry, worked out, the girls fought and whined so I tried to keep them apart as much as possible. Piper and I made a trip to Barnes and Noble, we watched the Iowa game, ate a nice dinner and later that evening Jerry, Holly and Mary stopped by for a couple hours. It was nice to catch up with them and have the girls go play.

Image may contain: 8 people, including Jessica Goodrich and Steve Goodrich, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor
Sunday we did a lot of the same! The girls spent some time in their rooms, away from each other and then we Presley and I headed to Wisco (a Wisconsin bar!) to watch the Packer game, we had to get there early to save a table for all of us. Eventually everyone else showed up also. The kids had colors, food and snacks to keep them occupied for the game and they did pretty well. The game was actually good! and Wisco gives out free jello shots with every Packer touchdown! It was fun and I will definitely be going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment