Sunday, September 30, 2018

Where did September go??

Basically the last 2 weeks of September have been a lot of the same ole stuff, which we don't mind! Last weekend the weather was awesome! Perfect fall weather so we tried to spend some time outside! Presley is loving trying to play 2 square! Remember, what we used to know as 4 square?

Saturday morning Presley had a soccer game, then the girls had a birthday party for Brynn down the street. Steve and I sat here for about 10 minutes and then decided it was too quiet and boring with the girls gone so we headed out to get some lunch and drinks and watch some football! The party was over about 4:30 and we had a sitter planned for 5 so that we could go watch the Hawkeye game as part of our anniversary night out. We went to Spectators with Jordan, Jake and their girlfriends, the weather was so awesome and it was the perfect night for the patio and watching the game. We did head closer to home at half time and went to 1908 to wrap up the night. The Hawkeyes couldn't pull out the win which sucks.

Sunday we had a pretty lazy day, but we had a lot to get done around the house. Target, Hy-vee, laundry plus Presley had volleyball.

This week was just more of the same. Steve is actually busy at work finishing up a job, I'm dead at my job....sometimes I'm not sure why or how I earn a paycheck, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Right now I spend most of my day reading or taking walks. NO JOKE.

The girls had gymnastics on Monday, which I actually used this time to get my exercise in and walked around the area! Then we had nothing on Tuesday or Wednesday but hanging around home!

Thursday we had the homecoming parade which the girls love. We sat next to all our neighbors and the girls get so much candy. It is fun to see the city come together to cheer on their school. (and BTW, we all decided we DO NOT like teenage girls! They were SUPER annoying at the parade and I would've been embarrassed if they were my kids!)

This weekend, the weather has been so rainy and cold and sad. It just makes you want to stay inside and cuddle! Friday night my mom joined us for dinner out....my dad, sister and bro in law headed out on their way to Portugal! Then we found Wonder in Redbox and watched that....again. My kids love that movie and it is SO good!

Yesterday we hung out. Presley had a soccer game at noon, which was SO cold! Then we headed to Hy-vee for a quick trip to get some things and then headed home to do nothing. Steve smoked some pork, the girls fought and spent some time in their rooms. I camped out on the couch and got caught up on This Is Us and Steve watched football in the basement. It was a good, lazy day but I'm not ready for a whole season of cold weather where we stay inside for months and be lazy!

Today we had a 40th birthday get together at Beer House, family friendly. So we headed there and then I took Piper to a birthday party in Grimes, she was so excited to see some of her old preschool friends! Went back to the bday party until it was time to pick up Piper and then took Presley to volleyball! She does complain about volleyball, but I really do think she likes it and she does a pretty good job! I don't want her to give it up, quite yet! :)

I am looking forward to my 4 day work week and then my 4 day weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment