Monday, September 17, 2018

More of the same.....

Last week sucked b/c I was in training all week, working 8-4:30, stuck in a dark training room on someone else's schedule and not nearly as much freedom as I'm used to over the last 9 months.

Monday Steve was nice enough to take the girls to gymnastics while I went home and worked out.

Tuesday Presley got invited to go with her friend Leah to the high school girls volleyball game since they are doing the volleyball clinic together. Her mom picked her up after school and she didn't get home until 8:30, they seemed to have a good time and I'm sure it was interesting to watch a REAL volleyball game in action!

Thursday I had a work outing at The Hall, the weather was so nice for the patio!! Steve dropped Presley off at soccer practice and then took Piper on a quick trip to Target for me! :)

Friday night we didn't do much and it was actually pretty nice out. We hung out by the shed to watch some baseball and the girls went to bed fairly early (for a Friday night) since we had a soccer game in the morning. Our neighbor Tim stopped by to hang out and watch some of the Cubs game too.

Saturday Presley had her first soccer game of the season. She was NOT happy when we woke her up at 7:45. She basically cried and screamed that she hated soccer and she wasn't going to play. I think she was more pissed that she had to get up and that we had to take her earrings out, which is a very sore subject for her. Eventually we made it out to Pleasant Hill for her game. They did good! As always she could be more aggressive but overall she does a pretty good job. They ended up losing 3-2 in the last 2 minutes of the game! Bummer!

Steve had to go into work after that so the girls and I headed to the mall b/c I was in desperate need of some new bras. (TMI?) They were actually good for the time that we were there and then we headed home and they went on to play and play. It is so nice when they just play. That evening we had Jason, Wendy and the girls over to watch the Iowa game at the shed and the girls played so good. The weather was perfect, the game was good (even though I am a UNI fan also). At one point we had 9 little girls in our yard playing! Perfect Saturday night!

Sunday we slept in, got ready and headed to my parents for my dad's 66th birthday get together and the Packer game! As always the kids played and played, we talked and ate. The game was good but then we had to leave for Presley's volleyball....and then the game went downhill. And I was that parent at practice on my phone watching the play by play of the game, which ended up in a tie! WTH?

No comments:

Post a Comment