Sunday, September 30, 2018

Random

- Every fall I have new TV shows that I get interested in. Most of them I don't watch more than 1 season just because I don't watch that much TV in general. So here is the update for THIS fall!...….
  • I am almost caught up on This Is Us, I am only behind 1 show.
  • The Voice. I usually watch this show off and on during the season b/c you don't HAVE to watch all the shows to keep up with what is going on.
  • Manifest. The plane that gets 'lost' for 5.5 yrs.....this was intriguing during the previews and it was SO good! I cried in the first 5 minutes. I really liked it and I hope that it does well.
  • New Amsterdam. I liked the premise of this show also, it was a little far-fetched but it was still pretty good too. 
I don't look for shows to watch b/c I usually fall behind and then get dis-interested, so we'll see what happens with these shows over the next couple months!

- Candy. I can usually say no to candy that we have around the house. However, if it is fresh, new candy that isn't quite stale yet. I can't say no. Tootsie Rolls, Laffy Taffy's....gone. They don't stand a chance in this house.

- Gnats. OMG.....are we the only ones that have horrible gnats and fruit flies this time of year? I probably should be used to it b/c it seems it gets bad every year at this time. I hate it. It makes me want to close all the screens and doors so they can't get in. Fruit fly traps really do work, so we have invested in a some! 

- Adventureland Oktoberfest, are you going? You should be. This is our 3rd year! Besides it being a great time to ride some rides with shorter lines and listen to awesome music from SO many local bands around the area, and this year Hanson is there! There are so many yard games, you can watch the college football games, drink some beers, eat some food and in general, everyone is in such a good mood! It is just a lot of fun and a good way to officially 'end summer'.....it is highly suggested! 

- I asked the girls if they knew anyone who smoked.....Piper said "Daddy!".....?! Um what?
I looked at her and said "Daddy doesn't smoke?!" Then I realized that she thought about him smoking meat! The innocence!!!!! I dropped the conversation right then b/c I didn't want to ruin her innocent thoughts about 'smoking'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment