Thursday, September 6, 2018

Saturday Funday

Last week we had our first full week of school. It went well and neither girl has started complaining about it yet! The only thing Presley will mention is that Piper hangs around with her and her friends at KTC after school. 

Tuesday Holly and I went to dinner and then made wine, I have done with this Sarah but she couldn't go so Holly was my substitute! I think she really enjoyed it too!

Thursday Presley had her first soccer practice of the season, she isn't thrilled that I signed her up but she really hasn't complained too much about it. She doesn't know anyone on her team and their 'home' field is Urbandale since Johnston and Urbandale have now combined soccer clubs (don't get me started on this!). 

Friday Steve left for Iowa City for Brandon's bachelor party! So it was girls weekend for us! Friday we went to El Mariachi and they actually ate really good! Then we headed home, I think we were all tired so we didn't do much.

Saturday I got up and worked out and then we had Mary come over and hang out for the day/night! We headed to Kids Warrior gym for an hour since it was rainy and dreary outside. The kids loved it and were worn out! 
They have 6 warped walls....Presley was able to make it up the 3rd wall with no problems, she was too short for the 4th. Piper could get up the 1st one with no problem and tried the 2nd one about 30 times and was able to do it about 1 out of 10 times. I loved her determination!!
Mary was able to reach up on the 4th wall, but couldn't quite pull herself up all the way!
They have so many different things there to try! Rock wall, different balance things, monkey bars and balance beam things! It's really cool!
The floating steps.
After we left there, we headed out to lunch at Applebees and all 3 of the girls ate really good! Then we headed to the Old School Arcade place in Grimes. It was a little expensive and we totally didn't get our monies worth. None of these girls are really into video games and a lot of the game I had never heard of so even I didn't know how to play but I'm glad we went to see what it was all about!
We headed home after that. Presley and Mary played in the basement and Piper and I had some snapchat fun while watching the Iowa game! She eventually went and started playing with the girls also and I might have fallen asleep during part of the game! Oops.
Once the game was over, I forced the girls to get outside before the rain started again! It was humid and they really didn't want to. I finally walked with them to the end of the block just to get a little time outside!
Then it started to rain....and hail. They briefly played in the rain but the hail stung a little when it hit them!

A while later Samantha and the boys came over for dinner. We just ordered Casey's pizza and had fruit. The kids played and played and played! They were so good and we just talked and hung out! They didn't leave until 11 pm! It was nice to have them over, it had been too long!
Jordan LOVES Presley and she is SO good with him!


No comments:

Post a Comment