Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter

Last week was more of the same, me getting up late every day b/c I don't want to go to work. Steve getting up late b/c I get up late, gymnastics, girls on the run....Thursday we moved desks at work so we actually got out at 3 pm and decided to have a social event at Sully's. The turn out was pretty good and it was a good way to get to know some more people from my new department. I was home about  6 and then Steve headed out to pick up his friend Todd from the hospital. He had been there all week with his daughter and was aching to get out and have a beer, so Steve stepped up and did his friendly duty! :)

Friday we didn't do much. Steve made dinner, we hung out and dyed eggs for Easter! 

 I can't get a normal picture of her anymore. Such a goof!


 Part of the sass and attitude that we get for EVERYTHING!



Make her stop growing up!
Saturday we got up and ready, Presley was drawing an Easter picture to give to my parents. She asked me what other 'Easter things' she could draw.....
Me: Flowers, trees

we dropped the kids off at my parents house so we could attend the funeral for the Sharps in Creston. It was really sad but it was a really good tribute to them. SO many tears and so many people. It is so hard to see the classmates of the kids struggle thru the service. Afterwards we were able to go to the gathering and chat with so many people. The family was very thankful and seem to be holding up as best as can be expected. We left about 5 and my parents dropped the kids off at our house after dinner about 6ish. 

Sunday morning the Easter bunny at come by. The girls were so excited to find the eggs. 36 total eggs and it took them no time at all to hunt them all down! 





We ate some candy, the girls decorated these stepping stone things they got in their baskets, I ran 1.5 miles (getting ready for my 5k with Presley in May!) and we got ready to head to my parents house for Easter lunch. 
We hung out, talked, had some appetizers and then had a prime rib dinner. So good!
Handsome Jordan
So cute!
My parents do a nice Easter egg hunt for the kids. Each kid gets their own color eggs to find and then there were 5 glitter eggs, with money inside. Piper got $1 and Presley got the $20 egg!
We hung out, the kids ate way too much candy and we headed home about 6 and got ready for our busy week ahead.





No comments:

Post a Comment