Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Week Behind

Some how I am a week behind in posting and not for any good reason except me being lazy. Last weekend we didn't do much, Saturday we headed out to the Converse store to get some new spring shoes and we all ended up getting a pair. The Altoona outlet mall is pretty cool but will be more fun when the weather is nice.

We wanted to go to lunch somewhere but Piper was being a brat. So Presley and I ran into Target while Steve stayed with Piper in the car. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon at home hanging out. Steve went out that night for his brothers birthday and the girls and I ran to get some ice cream at Van Dees. Other than that we have been doing a lot of spring cleaning and purging. I've been going thru baby clothes! We should have at least 15 totes of clothes for my parents garage sale!

Even on Sunday we just did more organizing and cleaning. We did venture out for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings though!

Monday night we drove to Creston for a visitation. Our friend's dad passed away so we wanted to pay our respects to Larry. The girls went with us and did very well for the long drive, being around people they don't know and it being their first time at a visitation (we had to explain the open casket to them also, such awkward conversations to have with your kids)

Tuesday night I took Presley to gymnastics. I was able to go for a run while she was in class, however I didn't account for the fact the path I took would be so windy and didn't have sidewalks! I struggled! I did get to see the last half of her class and her doing flips off the balance beam into the foam pit.

Wednesday Steve took Piper to gymnastics and I made dinner with frozen pizza! :)

Thursday was Steve's 39th birthday and the weather was finally nice! I took 3 hours of PTO and left about 1:00 and met him at Mullets for a late lunch and some beers on the patio! It was so nice to see the sun! We hung out there until about 3 and then ventured over to Captain Roy's. We had heard of this place and wanted to check it out. It was pretty cool, right on the river, a lot of outdoor space too! Then we picked up the girls and headed to Perkins for Steve's birthday dinner (his choice!)

Friday I had 3 more hours of PTO for Piper and I to go to the eye doctor. I haven't been in years (shame on me!) but my eye sight hasn't changed, thankfully! Piper has perfect eye sight right now but she said a lot of times the eyes will start changing between 6-7 yrs old, so we can go back in a couple years and hope for the best! I need to get Presley into the eye doctor now!

This weekend has been lazy and the weather is depressing. Saturday the girls didn't get out of their pj's, we did make cupcakes b/c Brittney's birthday was Friday but other than that didn't do much.
We had plans to go out for Steve's birthday that night so that is really the only reason I got dressed! We met some friends at Firebirds in WDSM for dinner. It was SO good! I little pricey but it was really good! Then we headed back towards home to The Boat House where a bunch of our friends were meeting us. We had such a good turn out of friends and neighbors that came out for Steve's birthday it was fun! We were out too late for sure but it was a good time! I was really bad at taking pictures and didn't take any until after 10 pm when a lot of people had already left.
Brock, Todd, Todd, Matt, Jordan and Steve

Today has been LAZY. Steve and I are tired. We did do some more garage sale organizing, Steve did make a good dinner, I had a short nap. We were going to take the girls to the library for their Choosing Kindness campaign, they were showing Wonder and having some crafts and anti-bullying stuff, but even the girls didn't want to leave home so we have just been hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment