Thursday, December 28, 2017

Winter Break

Presley is really the only one that gets 'winter break' and either way, she still has to get up early to go to my mom's while we work, but we are enjoying the days that we do have off! Last Thursday on my way home from work I got sideswiped by someone who was trying to get into my lane, so that was fun. She admitted it and was very nice but it's just annoying and inconvenient. Once I got home we headed to Papa's Pizzeria in Polk City to have dinner with Sarah, Kyle and their kids. Going to dinner with 5 extra people is a little more chaotic. Our kids are used to going out to dinner and usually do a pretty good job of listening and behaving in public, with all 5 of the kids it wasn't as easy. Sarah texted me after and apologized for the craziness at dinner! :)
 
Friday I had another test case for work, I'm 7 of 8 and have 4 more to go! UGH. I was able to finish by noon and then took a 1/2 day of PTO in hopes that Presley and I would go see Pitch Perfect 3. I picked her up at mom's but, she just wasn't that into it for some reason so we went home. I was able to do some cleaning, work out and get the insurance company called for my car and such, so it worked out! That night we did nothing. We had frozen pizza for dinner and tried to go to bed early knowing we would be up late Saturday night.
 
Saturday we hung out at home for most of the day. We cleaned, cooked, did laundry and headed to Earlham for the Goodrich Christmas. We were able to get all the grandkids together for a picture, ranging in ages from 25 to 5 yrs old! LOVE IT!!!! (The 5 oldest boys: Jake, Derek, Jordan, Austin, Zac. The 5 girls: Devin, Presley, Piper, Ava, Ella. And the 2 youngest boys: Gavin and Sam)
The 5 youngest kids still get gifts, so we watched them open theirs and then the adults do a white elephant exchange, which is always really fun!
Steve's sister, Roxanne gathered pictures from all of us and put together these two scrapbooks for Jerry and Kathy. 800 pictures in 2 books! She cut them all, put in cute scrapbooks stickers and labeled every person in every picture. She also included all the grandkids birth dates! So much work but we all loved looking at the books. I think Jerry and Kathy really liked them!
Ava and Presley, always having fun. We rarely see them b/c they go off and play!
They got matching outfits and thought they were pretty cool!


Piper showing off her backbend.
Cousin Gavin wresting with the girls.

Of course the adults had a pool tournament, like we always do. Steve and I were in the finals! Steve ended up winning b/c I hit the 8 ball in! Boooooo. We were there way too late and didn't get home until almost midnight but we had a good time and the girls were worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment