Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Rainy Days

My dad finally got home from Singapore on Tuesday morning! I think he was exhausted and really glad to be home! We did a 'welcome home' dinner on Thursday at my parents house. We were able to look at his pictures and hear his stories! It sounds like they had an amazing time! The weather was hot, people mostly speak English and they did a lot of fun touristy things too.
They visited this hotel/pool ---- yes, that is an infinity pool on the top!
Image result for skyscraper infinity pool in singapore
Pretty amazing huh?
Image result for skyscraper infinity pool in singapore
 
Friday I took a half day off of work! I went to Target and then Steve and I had lunch with Presley at school. I went home and power cleaned for about 1.5 hours, then I worked out and got ready for my girls out night. I did meet Steve at The Boat House for one before I headed to pick up my friend Sarah. We haven't seen each other in probably 9 months and finally found a time that worked for us to do dinner at Eatery A. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. They have a great happy hour (half price from 3-6 every day!), they are casual enough for kids (though no kids menu) and the pizza are so good! http://www.eateryadsm.com/
 
Then we walked across the street to some little dive bar and had a couple, did a lot more talking and catching up. It was good to see her again but man, I was out too late!
 
Saturday we didn't do much. Steve smoked some meat for dinner,  I worked out and finished my puzzle, the girls went to the neighbors for a couple hours to play and Steve's brother Matt came over for dinner and to hang out a while. They ended up going to The Boat House that night and the girls and I cuddled on the couch and watched part of Hairspray!
Sunday morning was more of the same, the girls played dogs and house and colored (Presley decided to write a book about Bluejays....this is totally something I would've done when I was younger!). They do such a good job of keeping busy and playing together. I did decide that we needed to get out of the house though! Steve was tired and slightly hung over (hahahaha) so just the 3 of us girls went to the mall. Piper had talked about riding the train and seeing the Easter bunny, so we ventured out to do that.
I really wanted to shop for shoes, but Piper was not listening as well as she should've been so I knew that would be a lost cause! However, she did try some on! :)
Then we went to see the Easter bunny....they rode the train once and Presley only did it to make me happy. Piper wanted to go but not by herself, I think Presley realizes that she is getting older and doesn't really want to do this anymore! :(
Piper wore her pajamas that have a bunny on the front to show the bunny, but this was as close as she would get. She pretended like she was all confident, walked up in line and then backed out when it was their turn. HOWEVER......This girl did! She has never sat with Santa or the Easter bunny in all her 8 years and finally!!! This is a big deal!
After our Easter bunny fun, we found some clearance shirts at Von Maur for Presley and headed home. Overall, they were pretty good. We got home and hung out some more and got ready for our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment