Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Weekend Update

Friday night we had Brittany come babysit so we could go out for Steve's birthday! We ate dinner at Firebirds in WDSM, which was really good. A little pricey, but the lobster spinach queso was well worth the price!! https://west-des-moines.firebirdsrestaurants.com/#vNB1mp
Then we headed to The Keg Stand to crash a 50th birthday party of a guy we kinda know! :) and then we headed closer to home and stopped by Steve's second home, The Boathouse!
 
We got home and to sleep about 1 am and at 2....Piper came into our room. She just didn't seem 'right'. I took her back to bed, asked her what was wrong and she said she had thrown up in the toilet. I, of course was shocked and not really sure what she was talking about.....but I went in the bathroom and sure enough, there was throw up in the toilet! I couldn't believe she had just woke up, gone in there and did it all by herself! A 'proud' moment? I kicked Steve out of bed and brought her into our bed with me. She threw up 2 more times between 2 and 4....finally we both fell asleep after 4! I slept like shit...waking up every time she moved or made a noise but we slept until about 8:30, Piper seemed fine and 'normal' so we got ready to head out............
 
A week ago our friend Todd drove our car to Creston to see why the service engine soon light has been on (for 4 months, oops). After getting the estimate and Steve putting on his best car salesman skills with me, we decided to just trade it in for something with less miles and a little more updated. (Even though we have only had that car for 3 years and it really was good enough in my opinion). So Saturday morning we drove down to Creston to pick up the new car....and 2014 GMC Acadia.
 
We cleaned out our old car (sorry to the guys at Stalker Chevrolet who had to really clean it!), took a test drive in the new car (considering we had never seen or drove this car before decided to buy it), signed our paper work and decided to hit up Mario's in Creston for lunch.
Steve also mentioned visiting the cemetery where his mom is buried. I have never been there and though it would be a super nice gesture to swing by and pay our respects since we had both girls with us too (b/c I'm not sure all 4 of us have ever been to Creston together!) We did that which was very touching and I'm so glad we made that stop and then we headed back home.
 
We got home about 2 and spent the afternoon/evening hanging out! The girls played outside quite a bit, I tried to nap but that didn't work and then we decided to head over to my parents to show off the new car....in hopes the girls would be good enough to get ice cream on the way home. We weren't there very long but as expected, Piper was a little snot, didn't listen and so we headed home with no ice cream.
Both Piper and I were very tired that night so we hung out and all went to bed early!!
 
We did give Steve one of his birthday presents Saturday night and he was pumped to get to 'drive' it Sunday morning. A remote control car! He had randomly mentioned something about one, so I counted on my best friend Amazon to help me find a good one! It goes about 25 mph, the kids love to try to chase it and it is hard to control but he is getting the hang of it.
 
Every Sunday morning should consist of the three of them outside in their mismatched pj's!

Steve did make a trip to the grocery store, I worked out and then we all headed to cousin Mary's softball game at noon! They won which was nice but it is amazing how much a difference a good pitcher makes in these games! (BTW.....I was a pitcher and first base man (after my years in right field), and that was only like 25 years ago. Toot my own horn real quick)
After the game we stopped and got ice cream at Van Dee's and then headed home for bit......

Johnston had their annual easter egg hunt (which I guess really isn't a hunt since the eggs are just laying there and there really is no 'hunting'.) It is AMAZING how quickly this happens....I bet from start to finish is maybe 30 seconds. It's unreal. I stayed with Presley in the 7-8 year old section.


And Steve was with Piper in the 4-6 year old section. Afterwards we found each other and went thru the eggs to see what they got. (They do give away some bigger prizes in some of the eggs too!)


We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out outside. Steve and I sat in the front yard, the kids played with the neighbors for hours, we did laundry, made dinner and just ended the weekend enjoying the nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment