Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Weekend Update

So last Thursday was our 9 year anniversary, which we didn't do much that night except go to the Johnston homecoming parade with the kids. He did get me flowers and 2 bottles of wine and pumpkin beer, so that was a nice surprise. I didn't get him anything, well I guess I did get him a leaf blower last month so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
We got all packed for my parents to pick up the kids on Friday and for us to leave Friday afternoon for Kansas City. We've been meaning to get down there for years to meet up with our friends Eric and Kylie and finally we were able to make it work out! Their anniversary just happened to be Sunday!
We got down there about 7 and walked around and found a place to eat at Gordon Biersch Brewery, it was REALLY good! We sat on the patio and got to listen some live music nearby and hung out for a while.
Then we found the Chesterfield. I believe it is a hotel but the bar area had a swing band and everyone was swing dancing. It was awesome! A lot of the people dancing were dressed for the part, the girls all stood on the stairs on the right waiting for guys to come ask them to dance. This whole atmosphere made me smile! I loved it! *disclaimer...we did not dance, just watched.

We found one other bar to it on the way back to the hotel and then took our picture down the street from Steve Martin's and Martin Short's motor homes! They were performing and people were lined up waiting for them to come out so they could see them!
The next day we got ready and headed out to The Longest Yard to watch the Iowa game and Eric and Kylie met us there. We ate and drank and talked while watching the game and then headed over to the KC Arts Festival. It was hot out! But the art was SO amazing, so many cool things! I wish I had money and enough time to really look at everything!


After walking around we found a shady patio and hung out! We did more drinking and talking and enjoying some music. Then somehow it was 8 pm and we needed to eat dinner! We walked around and found The Peanut! The perfect hole-in-the-wall dumpy bar that was perfect for some wings and fries! It was the perfect way to end our night!
Eric so badly wanted a kiss from Kylie, she wasn't having it! :)
We found our Uber rides home and called it a night. The nice thing, I was exhausted and in bed by 11 pm! Sunday we got up and headed home! At least the girls were good for my parents this time, of course, Presley got sick.....like she did when we were in Mexico only this time it was just a fever. So I'm sure her being sick helped out her attitude! :) We watched the Packer game at my parents house (a win for the Pack!) and then headed home and hung out in the basement!

Overall, fun good weekend way with friends that we hope to see even more often! and thank you to my parents for watching our kids, you will never know how much we appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment