Monday, September 12, 2016

Another week gone by

Seriously I don't even know where time goes anymore. I think reading is what I end up doing if I have a free hour in the evenings. Last week we had gymnastics on Wednesday and I'm getting frustrated with Presley's class.....there are 8 kids in her group and it just seems like they have expanded and added classes so her time on each event is shortened....it's hard to learn when you get limited time and tries on certain events and I just want to see her continue to learn new things. We'll see what happens as the months go on. Piper, on the other hand.....is THE class clown of her group. She is MORE than willing to participate, ask questions and act goofy as hell in that class! It's SO funny to watch and I almost feel sorry for her teacher! :)

After gymnastics the girls decided they wanted Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, so we headed there. I'm trying to watch my calories and walk as much as I can so I got the BBQ turkey burger....don't look at the calories of things AFTER you eat it! DON'T DO IT!

Friday night we might have gone to mexican again....and then headed out to the campground to hang out with Sam, Scott and Boston for a couple hours. It was rainy and chilly but really a good night to just chill under the awning and hangout. The kids did good and played, I think they were all tired.

Saturday we got up and Piper and I got ready to head to her soccer game at 9:45....now if you know me and my family at all, you know that we don't really like to leave the house before 11 am on the weekends so this soccer thing is interrupting our weekend chill mornings! :) We got there and she hesitantly practiced with the other kids. The game started and she refused to go on the field. She sat next to me and sat. During half time she raced her coach across the field, she ran around the field....she still refused to play. After the game she was the first one in line to give the other teams 5's and say good game and when the coach asked if they had fun...she jumped up and down and yelled 'YES'?! Are you kidding me? Needless to say....she did not get her treat after the game.


We got home and the kids hung out and fought played and Steve cleaned out some of the kitchen cabinets (expired foods and reorganizing stuff) and I cleaned out Piper's closet, got rid of the 3T stuff and moved in 4T/5T stuff from the basement. Basically I can now move clothes from Presley's room into Piper's room! :( I have SO many clothes for Piper I'm not even sure where some of it came from! I need to go buy about 30 hangers to finish getting everything hung up. She is super excited about all her 'new' clothes!

Then the girls had quiet time in their rooms with the ipads (don't judge, they are in their rooms and quiet and not fighting for an hour and this is amazing!) I showered and actually dried and straightened my hair (which never happens any more!) and watched a dvr'd episode of one of my favorite shows Catfish (this is another big feat for me b/c I have HOURS of shows dvr'd that I never watch!) SOOOO.....as you can see we had a awesome productive afternoon! :)

Once we got closer to game time we headed over the neighbor Wendy and Jason's house to watch the game and then Sarah came over with her kids too. These 6 kids are loud and crazy, that is for sure. Overall a good night and good game (minus the 1/2 hour breakdown by Piper that relocated her and I back at our house for some time!)


Again the kids were up too late but we managed to make it thru Packer Sunday at my parents house with minimal issues! Packer win! Good food and thanks to my parents for having us all over for the kickoff of Sunday football. We got home about 4:15 and decided that it was definitely a night for everyone to go to bed early! We did baths at 6:30, had our calm down time and then started putting them to bed about 7:15! Piper was asleep by 7:30 and Presley by 8....So nice!
She learned her posing from Presley and now Presley won't pose for me....is she getting too old and too cool?!....but really, most importantly, we got her in a Packer jersey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment