Monday, September 19, 2016

Drama Update

So we have two daughters. Girls = DRAMA. Drama = mama drinking wine.

Wednesday they had gymnastics, as usual Piper is the class clown. The teacher is constantly laughing at her, Piper is always talking, being loud...and then class was over and she didn't get any stamps. Miss Ashley came out and I apologized for having the class clown to which she responded that there were listening problems today in class....ALOT of listening problems and that Piper told her she wasn't the boss. OH GOD. I might have briefly turned bright red, crawl in a hole and whimpered like a lost puppy. Instead, I apologized multiple times, got a whiny Piper into the car and then broke the news to her that we were not going out to dinner and she is NOT to speak to ANYONE like that! She cried and cried! She was actually sorry and I think she was just being funny and really didn't know that she was NOT being appropriate. So we have had multiple talks about how she is to behave this week in gymnastics and we'll see how it goes!

Thursday we met at Texas Roadhouse after work. Steve warned me that something was going on with Presley's tooth and wasn't talking. We got seating and Piper started acting up right away. Steve had to take her out of the restaurant and I started questioning Presley. She sometimes will open up to me about 'secret's' more than she does with Steve. Eventually I asked about her tooth, basically came down to the fact it was really loose and she wasn't going to eat or talk. Awesome. So here we are at Texas Roadhouse with a 3 year old who is being a brat and Presley who wasn't going to eat. Needless to say, we ordered our food to go and got the hell out of there to maintain our sanity.

At 8 pm it was time for Presley to go to bed. She hadn't eaten anything and wanted her tooth to come out. She wouldn't even let me see it. I spent an hour with her, first convincing her to let me see the tooth to see how close it was to really coming out, then in the bathroom with her while she looked at herself in the mirror and made me look the other way while she 'wiggled' it to come out. She complained she was hungry, but refused to eat or drink! She said she was tired and I'm sure she was, heck, I was tired from watching her.
At 9 pm she still had no luck...the crying, whining, screaming....I was over it. We warned her that it had to come out and we were going to pull it. We didn't want to! We didn't want to do it! But one of two things were going to happen, 1) she was going to lose it in her sleep and probably swallow it, the front of the tooth wasn't even attached at all! or 2) the tooth was going to stay in and she was going to spend another day NOT eating!
So at 9:15, we did something that I hate. We pinned her down, I pryed open her mouth and pulled it. She actually didn't cry much and was glad to have it over with...she still didn't eat anything b/c she was instantly worried about her top tooth that is loose! My poor baby. I did apologize to her on Friday for having to do that and told her that I would never purposely hurt her. I did feel bad.

She did eat cereal Friday morning and then nothing the rest of the day. And you saw the pictures of her cheerleading Friday night....with her mouth closed. The tooth is still in and hanging on!

No comments:

Post a Comment