Monday, May 16, 2016

Another week of fun?

Monday I actually left work on time to pick up the girls, Steve was meeting with Jerry to go over their part of our family 'talent'. Presley had her 'art' show at school so the 3 of us girls walked around and looked at her art and all of the other stuff around the school. So cool to see what they have been working on....and I took no pictures, bad mom! Then Piper wanted chips and salsa and convinced me and Presley that we should go. They weren't GREAT for me, but they were ok so I'll take it. When we left the waiter said 'See you next week!' to us! HA! So funny and so bad!

Tuesday I worked until 7:30 (meaning I get home just in time to help with bedtime at 8).

Wednesday Presley had gymnastics so I picked up Piper and we went home and just hung out (no chips and salsa this night!) Steve dropped off Presley at home and then went to some concert with his friend Brock, so it was me and the girls again. Luckily they are fairly good at bedtime they just both want me to lay with them and it's impossible for me to be in two beds at once! I've tried, it doesn't work. There is alot of compromise, bribery and promises that I'll come back into their bed in a couple minutes if they close their eyes and are quiet.....and usually they end up falling asleep while waiting.

Thursday I worked until 6:30 and then went home and helped with baths and quiet down time before bedtime.  They are such mommy's girls these days....ever since vacation, which I don't mind sometimes! I do feel bad that I'm gone so much right now!

Friday we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse right after work, the girls were good, Piper ate almost nothing and we had a good waitress...Rose! If you go and get her, you are in luck! Then we headed over to Sarah and Kyle's house so the kids could hang out and keep each other occupied and run off some energy!
My pretty princess!
Saturday morning I got up bright and early and was at work by 6:30! WTF am I thinking?....everyone in my house slept until 9:45! I got home about noon and was just exhausted! I had a terrible headache and just couldn't keep my eyes open. I layed down for an hour or so (didn't sleep, of course!) and then was ready for the day! I got up and started laundry, cleaning, organizing (the typical fun!) while the girls played and Steve smoked his bacon! Yes, he has cured and flavored and smoked and sliced his own bacon! And it's actually really good!
 
I finally got dressed when it was time to take Presley to swim lessons and after that we headed out to Sam and Scotts new house to grill out with them and my parents! It's so cute with so much land and space, it's perfect for them! The kids played good for a while and then they were just whiny and in tears, so we headed home!
 
Sunday I got up and went to work again...this time I waited until 7:30. :) I got home a little before noon....Steve left go to golfing and I did some more stuff around the house while the girls played.
Presley had a birthday party in Ankeny from 2:15 to 4:15 so we dropped her off then went to Target...we got done there about 3 and then headed over to Chili's for ice cream to waste some time. We picked up Presley about 4:05 b/c we had to drive home, emtpy groceries, change into her swim stuff and get to swim lessons by 4:55 and we had a whole 5 minutes to spare!
 
We got home about 5:45 and the kids went to play with the neighbors, we ate dinner and then headed back outside until about 7 for baths and bedtime! Overall a BUSY, exhausting weekend for this mama!
 
And tonight I worked until 7:00, came home and help with bedtime and now I'm drinking wine and watching my one show! Blindspot! I'm not working any more late nights this week or this next weekend so I'm excited! :) Work hard, play hard, right?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment