Sunday, June 14, 2015

Weekend fun

Some of these are from last weekend, when we actually had sunshine and played outside! I love seeing Piper in Presley's old swimsuits, but it just makes me realize how fast she is growing up!
A little dancing before bedtime!
Playing on the neighbors swingset is much more fun than playing on your own.
 
So Friday I picked the girls up from daycare and then headed over to Holly and Jerry's for a while. We haven't been over there in forever and it is always nice to hang out and have the girls play with Mary. It took them forever to warm up and leave me alone but eventually they would go off  and play! Thanks guys for having us over!
 
Steve is out of commission for a while and so I was a single mom for the weekend (no, he did not get fixed! ha!)....and then Friday night I started to feel like crap. Of course. I slept like crap and Saturday morning I was dragging, at least the girls slept until 8:30! We hung out and I managed to have them both in timeouts throughout the 3 hours we were home....then we headed to mom's. She watched them for a couple hours so that I could go into work for a couple hours.
I got done about 3 and then we hung out at mom's for a couple more hours, then went to dinner at El Mariachi. I know, I know...I go there WAY too much but it really is the easiest, fastest thing with a patio close to our house. I think this was the first time I had taken both girls to dinner by myself and I know why. Presley ended up spilling her milk, Piper refused to sit in her chair or keep her shoes on. Then she wanted to splash in the spilled milk, then she wanted to clean it up.....I mean, really?
 
I slept like crap Saturday night but again, the girls slept until 9 so I really can't complain. We hung out and once I got moving I started to feel a little better and was able to get some stuff done around the house. After lunch, we went and got ice cream and by the time we got home, it was raining! So what else were we going to do? Play in the rain!
They had so much fun but then I was the party pooper and put Piper down for a nap. Presley and I hung out in the garage and played school and I did some reading and she played in the rain a little more. It was nice afternoon! Then we basically hung out inside for the evening (you know, once the sun came out?!). Overall a successful single mom weekend (tiring for sure)! Now I'm hoping the morning dropoff will be good too. This will be the first time I've had to get them both up and out of the house by myself (which would be fine if I had children who didn't try to make everything more difficult for me!) and drop them both off (which wouldn't normally be a big deal but Presley's summer KTC is at another elementary school, that is completely out of the way!)
Wish me luck and for Steve to get back on his feet soon so we can tag team our divas together! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment