Monday, June 8, 2015

Random

- Presley has been going to summer KTC for almost 2 weeks now. She was very nervous the first day, she was afraid she wasn't going to know any kids or any teachers (which she didn't). But she quickly warmed up and didn't cry on the first day! She has already made some new friends and got reunited with some old ones (that went to different elementary schools this year). They do something with them every day...from movies, going out to lunch, bowling, the zoo, they have on-site days (glow in the dark day was last Friday, this week they have Dr. Seuss day) and on Friday they get to go to Adventureland. This makes me super nervous, but I know this they do this every year so I just have to trust the program!
- The best part of this KTC program, they offer swim lessons! This also makes me nervous, but she needs them badly! I really want to go spy on her during them. I was really hoping to get her signed up for two sessions but they are full. Boo.
- Piper is SASSY! I know she is getting alot of her attitude from Presley which is so hard to control and/or ignore. And she still takes about 1.5 hours to get to sleep every night. We have a routine, she had a blanket and paci, she either wants our constant attention or isn't tired. I don't feel as if we need to let her 'cry it out' like would we do if she was a baby, but I think we might have to resort to that!
- Conversation with me and Presley the other night reading her Judy Moody book and they were talking about a 'venus flytrap'
P : "A PENIS?"
Me : "No! A VENUS....a 'v', like violin and vase.....VENUS"
P : (giggle, giggle) "A penis flytrap!!!"
Me : "Do you even know what that means?"
P : (giggle, giggle) "a boys privates!"
- I'm off to eat a spoonful of peanut butter with m&m's on it. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment