Monday, May 18, 2015

Sunday Funday

With both kids at mom's we were looking forward to sleeping in a little! Well you know what....the power went out, which I can handle....but what I cannot handle is the fucking bird flying into our front door at 6 am! Seriously?! I had no way to drown out the noise of him flapping into the window every couple minutes...no fan, no tv. IRRITATING! I was however able to fall back asleep and the power came back on about 8 so that helped too.
My parents have a rule when they watch the kids overnight, you have to pick them up by 10 the next morning, I think this is totally acceptable and don't blame them at all! Steve went to get them about 9:30, Presley had just woken up and Piper was still sleeping! There were tired and they always sleep great at Grandmas!

Then we had our typical Sunday, Steve ran some errands, the girls played SO good together and with the neighbor girl Anika. I was again, able to do more cleaning and laundry (why does it seem like this is all I do on the weekends?) Piper took a very late (3:15) and short nap (only 45 minutes). And I headed out about 4:30 to meet my friend Cindy for dinner. We haven't been able to get together in forever and it was nice to talk and vent and listen and enjoy time with my old college roommate!

I got home about 7:30, the girls had eaten dinner, had baths and were ready for bed...and hour later they were both in bed and by 9:30 I was sleeping!
With another busy week ahead of us, we are looking forward to the long weekend ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment