Thursday, October 11, 2012

Yes, I had a baby to get internet access....so?


Well, Wednesday night I woke up about midnight having to pee....like normal. Only it wouldn't stop. Steve always thought it would be funny to see me pee my pants, well here you go hubby! I went back to bed and waiting for the contractions to start. Slowly but surely they did....about 15-20 minutes apart so I didn't think much about it until about 4 am. They were getting closer together and I started to actually think hmm.....I haven't really slept since midnight and I definitely can't go to work in this pain, maybe we should go to the hospital? What are we going to do with P? We don't even have a car seat for this baby in the car yet? We haven't packed a bag! We have so much to get done this weekend! So we got up, got ready, Holly came to stay with Presley (thank you Aunt Holly!). We got to our hospital room about 6:30 am, the pain had really intensified and the contractions were about 5 minutes apart by this time.
I was dilated to 5 and they were prepping our room and talking like we were going to have this baby soon. I had Steve call my mom, he said this was going to happen sooner rather than later. She got the kids off to their 'back up' sitters for the day and headed right down. I FINALLY got my epidural, after pleading, begging and crying. I told Steve I would pay the anetheologist cash, if she would get in our room and give me that epidural! Of course, then the epidural didn't take to my left side! Are you kidding me?
Dilated to 8 and finally, the numbness took over. AHHHH.....HEAVEN! Doctor showed up, I wasn't feeling any pressure (or pain), 9 am I started pushing and by 9:15 she was here! Piper Rebecca, 5 lbs 14 oz, 19 inches long and cried for the first 2 hours. She is doing good now, sleeping a ton and we'll enjoy it while we can! I know it could be short lived (i.e. Presley).
 

 
Grandma Becky (Hence, the middle name Rebecca!)
 
Aunt Samantha and cousin Boston
 
Aunt Holly
 
Big sister Presley, who is slightly stand-offish. She doesn't want to hold or touch her. She doesn't want to hug or touch me either.  I think once we get home into our normal surroundings that she will loosen up a bit!
 
Grandma Kathy
 
Grandpa Jerry
 
Grandpa Les (Pa!)
 
She is so sweet! (for now!)
 
Grandma and her 3 grandchildren
Thank you to everyone who has been helping us with Presley and Piper over the last 24 hours! Thank you to everyone who has visited, texted, Facebooked and wish us all well! Our daughters are very lucky to be surrounded by all of our awesome friends and family! We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again!!! So happy for you and your little family... full of girls! :)
    and the pushing thing for only 15 minutes --- REALLY!?!? You go girl! :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete