Monday, February 27, 2012

Living life

Not much has been going on over the last week or nothing much worth blogging about.
Gymnastics on Tuesday was more of Presley watching the other girls, she finally joined in during the last 20 minutes...but I guess that is better than nothing! Hopefully over the next month she'll loosen up and do a little more each week (I can dream, can't I).

After going to bed at 9 pm on Friday night (yes, I'm a party animal) Saturday morning I took P to the science center with Colleen, Bridget and Conor. I warned her that she would have to walk, there was no stroller and I wasn't going to carry her. She cried the minute we got inside. She didn't want to walk. I think she was overwhelmed with the atmosphere and people. I did carry her some of the time (which is brutal), I don't want to give in to her crying...but when she is laying on the floor screaming and crying, sometimes I just didn't have a choice. Overall, it was a good time and I hope Colleen will invite us along again (after Night Eyes and this experience, she is probably getting tired of Presley's lack of participation.....like I am)

That afternoon I had two errands to run...go pick up my contacts, ohhhhh eye place isn't open on Saturdays! and pick up my prescription for my eyes, after 10 minutes in the drive thru, with a less than happy pharmacist, he told me it would be $54. Ex-squeeze me? For a tiny, little bottle of steroids for the tiny, little inflammation in my eye? The eye doctor told me if it ended up costing too much that he would just give me another free sample. So I apologized and told the annoyed pharmacist that I would NOT be getting my prescription after all. Strike out, I went home with nothing. Failure.

Steve did a lot of house stuff over the weekend, but he had some fun too and played poker with some buddies that night while P and I hung out. Presley picked up a cold somewhere and now my throat hurts, but I really can't remember the last time I called in sick b/c I was sick! It won't happen! It can't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment