Friday, April 3, 2009

Are we lucky or spoiled?....or a little of both?

My mom did in-home daycare about 10 years ago, and has been patiently waiting for one of us girls to have a baby so she would have a reason to start up again. We are lucky! I don't think either of us realizes how lucky we are to have our family so close to us. My parents and sisters both live in town and all are great about coming over to help, going with me to Target or just watching her while we nap. Steve's family all live within an hour of us and I know they would all be more than willing to help us out if we needed. Many of our friends don't have any family in town and I'm sad for them. But maybe I shouldn't be, maybe this makes them stronger parents, not having or wanting to depend on help from other people?!
I'm not the kind of person who likes to depend on someone else. I don't like to borrow money from my parents, or ask for favors. Hell, I feel bad if a guy buys me a drink at the bar! But after having Presley, I have to swallow my pride and ask for help sometimes. Even though I still feel bad sometimes, I realize I should be happy we have never-ending help from everyone we know.
Taking Presley to my mom's for daycare is the best thing we could do for her (besides one of us staying home. Be realistic Jessica, that'll never happen). Some day Presley will realize how lucky she is to have such a close relationship with her grandparents because there is no one else in this world that could love that baby as much as Steve and I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment