Wednesday, March 6, 2019

MIA

I know, I know.....I have been totally MIA for the last month and I really don't have a good excuse except for my obsession with reading. Once the girls go to bed, I curl up and read!
So I need to get caught up and back at it! At least once a week posting so I don't get so far behind!

Rewind to before Valentines week....I took the girls to the Dollar Tree to find some cheap valentines, they each wanted to take $5 of their own money to maybe buy something okay, whatever. They bought these coffee cups (to use for when they play school) and the sleeping masks. Two of Presley's friends had sleeping masks when they spent the night, so I guess it is the cool thing to do. Piper also picked out two things she wanted to buy for her friend Becca! :)

One of Steve's parental jobs every year....help with the Valentines Day box, I am not creative or crafty and Steve loves this stuff. So they got together decided what they were going to make and he helped her do it! So cute!
That week I was able to get together with my girls Lisa and Lyndsi to celebrate our February birthdays, this is a nice tradition to ensure that we see each other at least once a year! :) We really could've sat there and talked all night!
Image may contain: 3 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor

That Friday we decided to hit up Firetrucker to watch The Sheet play! They are one of our favorites and our kids seem to like them too. Our friend Amy met us out also so it was good Friday night out and something to get us out of the house!
Saturday we didn't do much in the morning, slept in like usual. And then ran some errands out at Jordan Creek. We decided to do some shopping since we never go out there and we all got a pair of new shoes. Piper was excited b/c she had just learned how to tie her shoes and got her 'license to tie' from her teacher at school! :)
We did a quick lunch at Smash Park to kill some time and then headed home for rest of the night!

That Sunday the weather was so crappy but by the afternoon we were able to go to Boston's indoor soccer game in Bondurant. After that we headed to Adventureland Inn. I didn't work and the girls didn't have school on Monday, Presidents Day so we figured it would be something fun and different and again, get us out of the house during this crappy winter weather!
Sam, Boston and Jordan were able to join us for some swimming that afternoon! They all loved it and it was perfect b/c it wasn't busy!!!! We did dinner at Spectators and then hit up the arcade, which is always fun for the kids.
Sam and the boys left after that and then we decided to hit up the pools one more time before getting ready to settle down and get some sleep!

Steve had to work Monday morning, so he got up and left early and the girls and I slept in. I slept like total shit there but oh well. We actually got up and did some more swimming  before we had to check out! Then we went to breakfast at Perkins (the girls LOVE Perkins and it was actually pretty good!). I told the girls we would go to Half Price Books, Piper has been begging for more Junie B Jones books so we found some good stuff to buy!

Then we went home. The girls actually really love playing at home and I was excited to try to take a quick nap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment