Saturday, February 9, 2019

Busy weekend

So Wednesday was my first day working from home. I am able to 2 days a week now if I want as long as I hit some requirements at work, which I don't see happening for too many months but I'll take it while I can.
Then Thursday the work computers decided to go down. We had email access but basically nothing else. So we sat there, waiting for them to come back up.....they didn't, until sometime Friday evening.

Thursday night we had Presley's music concert. It was so cute and it was one of the first times I thought she actually was into it and enjoyed it! They each have to play an instrument, say a part or sing a part for one song...she always chooses the instrument.
 She got to stand right next to Addie...and I thought it was so funny that she almost couldn't get any further away from the boy next to her. I'm not sure that boy opened his mouth the whole time!
 Two of Presley's friends Leah and Quinnlyn are on the right...both sang in this group.

 Our neighbor girl Anika and P's friends Addie and Allie.

Friday I was able to work from home in the morning, which included me doing nothing again for 4 hours but I was able to get some stuff done around the house which was nice. I had the afternoon off for an interview. Just about everyone I work with applied for one of 100 jobs my employer opened up in the risk, fraud and compliance department. I'm not 100% sure I really want the job, but it could be a good opportunity and pay raise, so I had to try. I'm not real confident in how the interview went, but oh well. 
The interview was out at Jordan Creek so afterwards I ran into Nordstrom's Rack and did a little shopping, bought the girls and myself a couple things. I was going to do more shopping out there since I never travel that far west in this town but decided to save some money and just meet Steve at The Boat House for a drink and chat while we wait for school to get out.

The girls had the Daddy/Daughter dance that night! They have been doing this for at least 5 years and they always look forward to it! They love getting dressed up, having their hairs did and even try to wear a little make up. Presley wanted her hair straightened and Piper wanted her hair curled! 
Image may contain: 3 people, including Steve Goodrich, people smiling, people sitting
Why does she look SO grown up??
Image may contain: Jessica Goodrich, smiling, standing
Man, she looks grown up too! She was crying for the 15 minutes before this photo and kept asking if she looked 'normal' :)
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing
There was 3 dads and 6 girls. They do dinner at Bravo and head to Hope for the dance. I don't think they do much dancing. They mostly run around and have fun and the dad's stand around and talk! 
Grace, Piper, Presley, Sadie, Hadley and Claire
Image may contain: 6 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people standing and child
Today was the day of Presley's slumber party! We did some cleaning and organizing, Steve went to the store, I ran some errands and then the 4 girls showed up. She had 3 of her close friends from school and her cousin Ava. And Steve's job was to take Piper away from the house for a couple hours so she would leave them alone!
They seemed to have a lot of fun. Loud and laughing, then I heard them talk about playing truth or date. I muted my TV and listened to them deciding when I needed to butt in...it didn't take long! SMH.








They have eaten a lot of food and candy...but did eat almost all our fruit too. They are on their 2nd movie and I still hear whispering but I think they are calming down for the most part. There was talk about putting ice cubes on the first person asleep or putting their hand in warm water. So I had to be extremely stern in letting them know that there would be NO playing with ice or water! Goodness, seriously???

No comments:

Post a Comment