Saturday, February 9, 2019

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

So my 40th birthday weekend started Thursday night! I met Holly out after work with some of her work people at The Walnut downtown. It was pretty cool and bigger than I thought. Then her and I went to bottle wine and then I headed home!

I had PTO on Friday, so Steve went to work and the girls and I slept in for a bit and then I took them to school about 8. I came home and took a shower...I really needed to shave before my massage at 10:30! HA! I had my massage at East Village Spa, which was AMAZING! It was so good and I almost fell asleep twice! Totally worth it!

After that I headed to the school and had lunch with Presley and her friend Addie. She didn't even want me to take her anything for lunch b/c she wanted the French toast sticks the school was having that day! She didn't want her pic taken with me, but I didn't give her the option.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, indoor
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people sitting, closeup and indoor
After lunch I had some errands to run, including a Target trip all by myself!! I told Steve before I even went that I was planning on spending a lot of money....and that I did! But I really only spent $12 on something random for myself! 
I got home and unpacked my shoppings and did some picking up and then headed to The Boat House to meet Steve after work for a drink. 
That night Piper had another birthday party so Steve took her to that and then went to watch the Iowa bball game and Presley and I went to the mall. She really wanted to spend the Justice gift card she got for her birthday....and unfortunately they didn't have any good sales and she didn't want to spend HER $$ on full price stuff! It is harder when it is your own money!! :)

We were going to go to El Mariachi on the way home, but it was 6:30 and it was PACKED! So I was good and went home and had peanut butter toast with real PB and real bread...no low carb crap. :)


Saturday, February 2nd....my 40th birthday! The kids were fighting so Steve told me to go have lunch by myself...so I did, at El Mariachi of course. I enjoyed the hour I was there, reading my book and such. Then we hung out at home, the girls played and I vegged out on the couch. Then we got ready to go out! Lexis came to babysit about 5 and we headed to dinner at The Range. It was really good, expensive, but good! We will definitely go back again. After that we headed to meet Holly and Jerry at The Hall for a drink before going to our next plans at 9.
Little did I know, it was packed with so many of my friends! I was SHOCKED!! Literally moved to tears with how many people came out for my birthday! I didn't realize I had that many friends! :)


Image may contain: 3 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people standing
Image may contain: 3 people, including Steve Goodrich, people smiling, people standing
Image may contain: 3 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people standing
Samantha made these cookies! 
Image may contain: food
A case of Spotted Cow beer from Wisconsin! Love it!
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people standing
The Sunset Ridge neighborhood guys!
Image may contain: 10 people, including Kyle Dean and Jason Street, people smiling, people standing
Image may contain: 6 people, including Jessica Goodrich and Samantha Griffin, people smiling, people standing and indoor
The Sunset Ridge neighborhood girls!!!
Image may contain: 8 people, including Gina McKeever, Kari Bosma, Jessica Goodrich and Andrea England, people smiling, people standing and stripes
Image may contain: 8 people, including Jessica Goodrich, Jamie Butterworth and Sarah Shaffer, people smiling, indoor
Image may contain: 6 people, including Jessica Goodrich, Sarah Shaffer and Amy Makovec, people smiling, indoor
Image may contain: 4 people, including Jessica Goodrich, Sarah Shaffer and Jamie Butterworth, people smiling, indoor
Image may contain: 8 people, including Jessica Goodrich, Cari Hoeman-Stalker, Nick Jannings, Sarah Patterson Jannings and Steve Goodrich, people smiling
It was such a great night! My aunt Ellen from Wisconsin, my friends from Creston all made the drive and came. So many of my friends got babysitters for the night. I rec'd so many awesome gifts that NO ONE really should've done at all! The best birthday I could've asked for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment