Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Work

So I did accept a new job, within the same company but no longer underwriting. I'm nervous, this is stepping out the realm of things I have done over the last 15 years. I'm going into this job with SO many people that I know, people that I currently work with and those that I worked with in the past, so that is the only thing that is getting me thru this. I just knew that in my current position I was stuck, there was no where for me to go, no real increase in money that could be made. This was the chance to start something new and hopefully better with increasing earning opportunities.

I just started working from home 2 days a week at the beginning of February, which I have enjoyed. I really don't have that much do to since trying to work thru my remaining loans before my last day of March 15th. Hopefully this new position will have an opportunity for working from home occasionally also.

Steve's job is keeping him busy which is good. We often wonder how he has managed to get thru every winter with work to do and not getting laid off. We love his company and they have been nothing but great (and flexible to all their employees)

Steve and I are still eating low carb. Not nearly as strict as we were before and it is becoming a challenge for Steve most days. I'm fluctuating by 3 pounds with the beginning of the week and then by the end. Those weekends KILL me!!! I am going to have to start running again though since Presley is doing Girls on the Run, so maybe that will help boost a couple extra lbs to come off.
Steve is still down about 16 lbs from October, which is amazing so I don't want him to get frustrated!

I need to start keeping track of the books I'm reading so I can see just how many books I'm reading a year. A rough count for 2018 was around 60-70 books that I read and I think I have read about 10 so far this year, most are psychological thrillers, drama mystery books. Love them. Steve cannot understand my love of reading at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment