Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Presley - 10 yrs

We finally had Presley's 10 year well child visit. She is normal and healthy!

She is 65 lbs which is about 27%.
She is 4'6" which is about 38%.....I figured she was growing and was catching up with the others in her class, guess I was wrong. She eats like a pig, so there has to be a growth spurt at some point!

She has big feet and wears between a 3/4 size shoe. She usually wears a large shirt but medium pants. The 10/12 pants are just too big for her but the 7/8's are a little short.

She has her own sense of style that I think both Steve and I are beginning to enjoy. I am glad that she doesn't care when I tell her I don't like something (like tucking in the front of her shirt, but it's what the teenagers do these days!) She loved trendy things for sure but she loves wearing tshirts and sweatshirts EVERYDAY.

While she still like Barbies, she is getting out of the American Girl doll phase. She will play school, house and restaurant all day if you let her (and if Piper does what she wants).

She is creative and enjoys arts projects. She will draw, they make up names for their dolls to play house, she will organize the Barbie house over and over again and give us 'tour' each time. She likes music and learns words to songs that we have never heard! They just made a menu for their restaurant for when they play! It's awesome to see them play like normal kids and be creative and keep occupied without technology!

She is very hard on herself. She doesn't ever want to be wrong or do things the wrong way. It takes a lot for her to feel confident in things.

She is rarely compassionate and doesn't really like to go out of her way to be kind. We are working on this. I hate pointing it out to her all the time but I want her to see and understand that there are times you need to say your sorry...there are times that you should feel sad for others.

She is really good with little kids, like Jordan's age. She is good at keeping him occupied and out of trouble. I love seeing her like that! It's the sweet side of her!

She is so sarcastic. Oh goodness, child. At 10 years old! I'm scared for her sass and attitude when she is a teenager.

She does like her momma, even though she won't admit it. She sits next to me at night, wants me to read to her. Wants to sit next to me when we are eating out....(right now both of them do, which causes a fight).She still holds my hand when we are roller skating, she definitely comes to me first when she needs anything.

I love this girl! She is so much like me so I understand her hesitation with things. She is beautiful inside and out and I can't wait to see how she continues to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment