Sunday, October 21, 2018

Week in review

I can't say that I'm enjoying this 'fall' weather we are having. I just want normal fall weather. Not cold, not rainy, not snowing, not windy. I don't think that should be too much to ask! :)

Monday Steve took the girls to gymnastics and said the Jeep wasn't running right, check engine sign has been off and on for months and it was burning oil badly. So Tuesday Steve decided we needed an updated Jeep. Our other one was coming up needing some expensive car repairs and once Steve gets something in his head, it is hard to talk him out of it. So he traded in our 2007 for a 2012 (we have never owned a brand new car!) and really this new one makes our old one look like a little bitch.  The new one is jacked up on the big tires and such. Steve is pretty much in love.

Image may contain: outdoor


No automatic alt text available.

Presley had a make-up gymnastics class Tuesday so after his 2 hours at the car dealership he came and picked up Piper so she didn't have to sit there for the whole time. I walked outside for a bit while she was in class until the it was getting too dark for me to really feel safe walking by myself.

Wednesday Aunt Holly picked up the girls from school and took them out for ice cream for Piper's birthday present. I love this! It is time she gets to spend with them and this was she isn't spending money on a present that she doesn't really need. She did this for Presley's birthday too and now Orange Leaf is their favorite place for ice cream!

Thursday I had my annual girls pumpkin beer night....however we couldn't find any place that had pumpkin beer since Rock Bottom closed last year. So we just had a girls night! We went to Iowa Taproom and the 6 of us had so many laughs! Steve and I have been trying this Keto diet thing the last 2 weeks so I was good during dinner and ordered a bacon, blue cheese burger with no bun and cottage cheese! It was really good. I should've skipped the beer, but I did okay.

Friday we decided to get together with the neighbors and hang out. We stayed for a couple hours while the kids played and we just talked and such. It was a nice, laid back night.
The 5 kids and Presley was the one I couldn't get to look at the camera!
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
Saturday morning we got up and headed to Pleasant Hill for our first soccer game of the weekend. It was cold but the wind was blocked so that helped! The first half none of the girls looked like they were really into playing....walking, not aggressive, super annoying. But then they must have woken up and they played a little better.
At one point the mom next to me told her daughter (who played for the other team) to keep an eye on Presley! :)
Presley has found her elbows and aggressiveness in soccer and I am loving it! The girl in the pink headband was good and fast, Presley took her down.


We drove from Pleasant Hill back to Urbandale and had a quick lunch at The Chicken Coop (so Steve could see part of the Iowa game!), I was good again and had a burger with no bun and cottage cheese and then we headed to our next game. This is the first and only game we have won this season!




We got home and were cold and wind-burned but so proud of Presley in these games! We hung out for a couple hours, I might have snoozed on the couch, the girls played, Steve watched a little football and then we met my parents and uncle Dave and Steph at Smokey D's for dinner! It was busy but it was good! We headed back to my parents house for a while to chat and hang out.

Sunday morning Steve headed out to golf and the girls and I got ready for Presley's 3rd and final soccer game of the weekend.

Again she did really good but they lost. This is just a rec league so all girls play and get to play any position they want. So there are games you have a brand new goalie in or some of your not so aggressive players are playing on offense...maybe I will see if I can convince her to play the competitive league next year.
Then we headed to the grocery store to pick up a couple things, came home, had lunch, the girls played while I boiled eggs, made fat free jello and a broccoli casserole (I was actually in the kitchen cooking!!). I did dishes, laundry, picked up some things and all in 1.5 hours before we had to leave for volleyball! I felt very accomplished! 

Presley did an awesome job at serving  in volleyball and next week is our last week. Piper was happy b/c her friend Olivia was there so they kept each other company!
We got home about 4:30 and the girls had a snack and played while I worked out. Steve got home about 6 and started dinner while I continued the picking up and laundry and just getting stuff ready for the week ahead!
Overall a busy weekend, we aren't used to this many sports in a weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment