Monday, October 29, 2018

Thundergirls!

I feel like we have actually had some fall weather this past week! It works out when the weather is nice on Monday's b/c Steve will take the girls to gymnastics and then I meet them there. He jets home to start dinner and I bring my workout stuff so that I can walk while they are in class! Though with the sun going down earlier and earlier, this might be the last week for that :(

Tuesday I was WAY over due for a hair cut and highlight. I hadn't been since March which is about 2 months overdue and my roots showed it! It is always nice to sit and drink some wine, read my book and just relax for 2 hours!

Wednesday I had my annual dermatologist appointment. Always relieved when there is nothing she finds concerning and nothing she needs to remove from me! 

Thursday was Wallace Elementary Halloween skating party. Reminds me of when I was in school! All 4 of us went this year, though Steve didn't skate and Piper didn't dress up?! WTH?! Presley was excited that some of her friends were there. She just goes off with them but she does come back to me when she needs someone to skate with her. I will join her for as long as she wants me to!

Piper had never been skating....we got her the skate mate after trying to help her by ourselves. She did so much better with this thing and could go out by herself and skate with friends. It was too cute!
Friday we didn't do much. Piper had a birthday party next door and Presley just wanted to hang out at home. So we did! We watched Student Exchange, which was a Disney Sunday night movie from back when I was a kid! She didn't seem to mind it and I loved watching it again!.

Saturday we had Presley's last soccer game! They had named their team the Thundergirls at the beginning of the season, so cheesy but they loved it! The weather was amazing! Presley had quite the cheering squad with my parents and Holly, Jerry and Mary there. I'm sure she really the yelling from the sidelines! Usually she just rolls her eyes at us. #winning
They actually did win this game. They only one 2 games this season but all of them seemed to get so much better these last couple weeks!

Since I have taken so many pictures and sent the team a link of pictures for the first 3 games, I think I became the designated photographer for the team. One of the mom's thanked me and is anxious to get the last 4 games worth of pictures. So I guess that gives me motivation to actually do something with them. We also initiated the team picture at the end of the game! Go us! :)

After the game we made a quick trip to Target and then another quick trip to Hy-vee for some things and then headed home to get ready for the Iowa game. Jordan, Allie and Derek came over to watch the game with us. Allie is SO good with the girls, it is nice b/c she does a really good job of keeping them occupied! No wonder she is a teacher! The game was not the outcome we had wanted but we had a good time watching it together anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment