Sunday, October 14, 2018

6 years old!!!!

I had Monday off for Columbus Day....all to myself! I helped get the girls ready, laid around a while, worked out then headed out about 10:15 to stop at McD's to pick up lunch for Miss Piper (they have lunch at 10:55!). I figured I would have lunch with her since her bday was Wednesday. She was so excited to see me. It was fun!
One of the associate came over to tell me that she just loves Piper and told me how sweet and nice and smart she is and how she is trying to get the Gifted and Talented folks to come see how smart she is. It was awesome to hear b/c we think she is pretty sweet and smart too.
Tuesday she started Spanish! There is a weekly after school class for Spanish for the next 8 weeks so we signed her up! It's pretty cute!

Wednesday was her birthday! She was very excited to take her brownies to school! Her teacher does an awesome job making each kid feel so special. She makes paper hats for the birthday kid and then every child makes a card for the birthday kid too! What a nice idea!

She wanted bacon and waffles for dinner, so we did! She was very happy! Then we did gifts. I never like to spend too much on presents for their birthday usually b/c the actual party costs so much money (though this year it didn't, more to come on that!)

 We did a little cake for that night and she was so excited!

Thursday she had her 6 yr doctors appt. It was short and sweet. She is 42.2 lbs which is about 34% and 3'8" which is 28%....so a little petite, which we figured seeing her with her friends. Other than that she is normal! She does has sensitive skin so we are using an eczema lotion on her now.

Sweet Piper. You are just that. Sweet. You are so smart and funny! It is amazing what comes out of your mouth on a daily basis! You march to the beat of a different drum and you don't care, which is awesome and a little like your daddy!

You are affectionate and a very good sharer (which is a good thing considering your sister wanted ALL of your birthday presents!).

Some of your favorite things : pigs, bacon, steak, coloring, writing, reading, being the teachers pet, learning anything and everything, wearing my shoes when you play school or house with Presley, playing hangman and cuddling with me! :)

You are in between clothes. Your 4/5s are too short but the 6's just hang on you, so we are going with the high water look for now! :)

You are very excited to be police officer for Halloween which I think is freaking adorable!

You love the camera and will pose any time you are asked and sometimes you insist that I take your picture just b/c you think you are being cute!  (and most of the time, you are)

My favorite nights are when we read together and then you ask me to scratch your back and sing 'You Are My Sunshine'. I really take in these moments and just enjoy them. I will admit when this happens, I usually have tears in my eyes b/c I just don't want them to grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment