Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving Week

The last 4 days consisted of me working out all 4 days, being up too late every night, everyone sleeping in but me and almost no pictures were taken! What is wrong with me??

And this picture has nothing to do with this post, but goodness child. Melt my heart with that smile!!


Anywho......Our long weekend started Wednesday about noon! I took off from work a little early and picked up Presley from moms and we went to see the movie Wonder. It was so good and so good for kids to see! I think Presley was excited to see it b/c she knew her teacher and some classmates were going to see it this weekend too. She told me she liked it right when the movie was over, before I could even ask her. I asked her what she thought the message was and she correctly replied 'to be kind'. Perfect!
So of course, I reminded her of that many times over this weekend when she was being mean to her sister! :)

That night we decided to let Piper miss gymnastics and we all headed out to Reclaimed Rails and met my sisters and their families. We did this last year and had a lot of fun so thought we would do it again and make it a good tradition. We bring coloring books for the kids and they do a good job playing and keeping entertained.

Thursday we hung out and headed to my parents about 1. We did your traditional turkey dinner which was great! We played some games which was fun and talked and talked. It was a very nice day and so thankful that we are all able to get together!

Friday we got the Christmas tree out and decorated! Steve got the lights on the house, we did some cleaning and some laundry and some cooking and then headed to neighbor Sarah's for the Iowa game. The game was great! The kids were good, the food was good and it was a nice chill Friday night hanging out with them. Eventually Steve and Kyle headed to the bar and the girls and I hung out and watched the Trolls holiday special and then headed home.
Carver and Piper are too cute! 

Saturday we hung out in the morning and got ready for the Goodrich thanksgiving in Earlham. We spent the afternoon and evening there. We ate too much, the girls played SO hard, Steve was disappointed he lost the family pool tournament and it was nice just having everyone there (which we later thought that we should've taken a picture!!) Plus many new girl/boyfriends for our nieces and nephews! The already big Goodrich family just keeps growing!
When we got home (after 10:30) little Miss wanted her pictures taken in front of the house!

This morning everyone was WORN out! I was still up before 9 so I worked out, read my book, did some laundry, picked up some of the kitchen and took a shower before anyone else was up! We actually had NO plans for today which was perfect since we had been busy. Once everyone was awake and ready we headed to brunch at Jethros, got a car wash and stopped by the library to pick up a Star card (this is a program they do where we can pick a card/child and buy presents for her/him. We did it last year and Presley wanted to do it again, which I think is a good way to get them to think about others during this time of the year!)

When we got home we basically did nothing for the rest of the day! It was nice! Did some laundry, played some games, some cleaning, watched Jumanji.
We did dinner and baths and then watched The Good Dinosaur. We took the girls to see this on Christmas Eve 2 years ago and Steve ended up taking Piper to the car halfway thru b/c she was being so bad, so this was a better experience! Both girls sat and actually watched it and at the end Piper bawled! Like crying, inconsolably crying! It was so sad, I started crying! To see your child have those kind of feelings, ugh...totally broke my heart!

Tomorrow is going to be a struggle to get everyone up in the morning. I'm dreading that! Then Tuesday I have to start testing for my underwriting authority in my new department, so nervous and irritated by the whole process. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it over the next 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment