Monday, November 20, 2017

Senior luncheon and weekend update!

Piper is in the Senior 3 class at daycare...the last class before kindergarten. The senior classes have a senior formal luncheon every year. They get to dress up and properly use their manners and the lunch room is decorated like a fancy restaurant. It really is too cute!  My mom and Steve were able to stop by and see some of the cuteness!



That night I took Presley to gymnastics. That place is a madhouse! There are so many people and kids and no where to sit or stand. It gives me anxiety! I decided to leave and meet my friend Lyndsi for an hour to catch up and have a drink! It was perfect and I'm glad it worked out for a last minute get together!

Thursday we had Presley conferences. As we expected she is friendly, nice, quiet and a pleasure to have in class. They are supposed to be reading 90 words a minute and she is at 136 a minute. She struggles in subtraction but is liking multiplication! Her 'report card' is a mixture of M's (meeting expectations) and P's (progressing towards expectations)....and these ratings are not for specific 'subjects' like math, reading, writing....it's subjective things like focusing on the speaker and staying on task (I guess the girls have tendency to braid hair or play with each other shoes laces when seated next to each other on the floor).......Can I tell you how much I dislike these 'report cards'? They basically tell you almost nothing. Any who!

Friday I had a girls night with my mom, sisters and aunts (from Texas and Wisconsin)! We went to Saints in Beaverdale to talk and have a couple appetizers and then headed to see Bad Moms. Even the 2nd time around, it was still SO funny! I think we all enjoyed it!

Saturday was busy! Thankfully we all slept in, which I was happy about b/c I have been waking up early which is super annoying. I slept until 9 and then worked out, once we were all up and ready to go we headed to Target! We got home had some lunch and got ready for the rest of the day. Steve dropped Piper off at a birthday party at 2. I took Presley to a gymnastics clinic at 2:30, this was a kickover clinic. She can do kickovers but not very consistently so when I asked if she wanted to do the one hour clinic she didn't really hesitate. I think she was happy and learned a lot, so it was worth it!
When that was over at 3:30, we ran a couple quick errands and picked up Piper at 4:30 and then headed to swim lessons that started at 4:55! 
When lessons were over, we stopped by the house and picked up Steve and some things to keep the girls busy. We headed to Firetrucker to watch The Sheet play. They are an awesome little reggae band that everyone should check out! They are fun and the girls were good and it was just a good, laid back night of listening to music!

Sunday everyone slept in! I got up at 9 and worked out. Finally at 10 the girls came downstairs! We got ready for the day and headed to my parents house to watch the Packer game. They suck this year so we are still trying to be positive and keep cheering them on! We ordered pizza and the kids played. Steve and Piper left about 1:45 for another birthday party for Piper. When the game and the party were over, we met at swim lessons.
The girls are doing great at swim lessons! I was a little worried since it had been about 6 months since they have really been to lessons but I'm pleasantly surprised!
We all went to bed early! Well, everyone but Piper who was still awake at 10, but when she sleeps in late in the mornings we have to expect that! 

We are definitely ready for a short week! Thanksgivings with both families, we'll get the tree and xmas lights up and hopefully have some time to just chill out!

No comments:

Post a Comment