Wednesday, August 2, 2017

$$

I think I briefly mentioned the uncertainty of my job a while back but now it is coming down to the wire of what is going to happen.

In the middle of May we were informed that our department is being shut down, basically they are paying us an incentive to stay thru the end of August b/c that is when a majority of our loans would be closing and ALL loans must be completed by the end of the year.

Of course there isn't going to be enough work for ALL of us to remain here thru the end of the year so we are just counting down the days until the end of August when we have NO idea what will happen. Some of us might get our 60 day notices, some of us might get addt'l incentive to stay longer to help the remaining loans close, they might place us in other departments.....we really have no idea what the future holds.

I freaked out for the first couple days and then realized that there wasn't much I could do about it. I HATE change. I love my department, managers and coworkers and I love the flexibility! I don't want a new job! *insert whining here*
I haven't really looked too hard for a new job either. I have interviewed for one but don't think I will get it, I have a couple leads outside of WF but really don't want to leave the company after almost 14 years of being with them!

So wish me luck! If you see us selling our Jeep or house you will know that I don't have a job anymore! HA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment